+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does old UCI affect future applications - URGENT

Mamousa

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi All,

I have applied last year for the Federal Skilled Worker stream with my application returned due to CAP fill.
I got a letter then from CIC with a UCI number explaining why the application was returned ...etc.

This month and before I knows that FSW is open again, I have applied for a Study permit, I let the UCI blank not to get the officers attention about my previous immigration attempt as this should trigger visa rejection for such app.
I knew that there is still a risk that they may figure it out anyway, however I thought that I have nothing to lose, so I have proceeded with my Study Visa app with a blank UCI.

Now, with my package almost ready, I'm thinking about re-applying for the FSW 2014, however I'm so scared that this may spoil my Study Visa app.

Does any body have an experience regarding old UCI affecting or being reviewed for the same applicant future apps.

Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If they can tie your application to your UCI they will.
It's a CLIENT identifier after all, not an application identifier.

Mamousa

Star Member
May 21, 2013
I know it's just an identifier but do they keep history for returned applications? I have taken the risk already when I applied for the Study Permit.
But I'm still scared that I may spoil it completely with a new FSW app, as this will show an explicit intent for my immigration attempts.

Should I proceed with my FSW app or not, I'm still confused?

Any recommendations?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mamousa said:
I know it's just an identifier but do they keep history for returned applications? I have taken the risk already when I applied for the Study Permit.
But I'm still scared that I may spoil it completely with a new FSW app, as this will show an explicit intent for my immigration attempts.

Should I proceed with my FSW app or not, I'm still confused?

Any recommendations?
Yes, they will tie your previous application to your current application. They do name checks on the data base you know!