+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my Study Permit Expires if I renew my passport?

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
sabby2612,,

I am even have a kind of confusion.. My passport and visa is expiring on feb 2015, but i have been given study permit on airport for 2 years to the program expected completion date. and on the airport Visa officer told me to renew passport before expiry date and endorse the stamp on it. if i renew passport. where can i file application to make that sticker or stamp on it ? Is that the extending study permit , if it is than i already have valid study permit for 2 years.

1) Would i require to renew passport and renew Study Visa?
2) normally study permit duration is program length + 90 days for applying PGWP, but my study permit is strictly to the program end date. than how will i apply for PGWP?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0013 said:
Sabby

Pls reply
Hope you got the answer already.

Visa/TRV/Stamp on the passport - is only for entering into the country but after you have entered, it's your permit such as study permit, work permit etc to be valid. if your passport expires on Feb 2015, I am so very amazed to know that Immigration officer granted you SP of 2 years which goes beyond your passport validity date.

Now, when you passport expires in feb 2015, don't worry about the sticker/visa unless you are planning to leave and re-enter Canada. About your study permit, you should renew it if it's expiring at the same date as your passport and you shouldn't face any difficulty in getting it extended.

Cheers!

xarles14

Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys going along the same topic , all my documents are expiring this month so i am applying for an extension of a study permit.

now i renewed my passport in january cause it expires this month so when im puting my application for the renewal online do i send all the pictures of my old and new passport too or just the new one?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xarles14 said:
Hi guys going along the same topic , all my documents are expiring this month so i am applying for an extension of a study permit.

now i renewed my passport in january cause it expires this month so when im puting my application for the renewal online do i send all the pictures of my old and new passport too or just the new one?
All, TRV on old passport, old SP, old passport front back and new passport front and back.