+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my spouse needs to create a separate profile in Express Entry to be eligible to work in Canada?

pratikvaidya9

Mar 21, 2018
Hello,

I have been looking around for the answer to below question, but no luck. Could you please help?
Will my wife be eligible to work in Canada if I add her as a spouse in my Express Entry profile? I read that she won't be eligible to work but can apply for a work permit and later apply for a PR. But that seems to be a lengthy process.
Can't we both apply individually adding each other as spouses, so that we both get the PR via Express Entry itself?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pratik

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have been looking around for the answer to below question, but no luck. Could you please help?
Will my wife be eligible to work in Canada if I add her as a spouse in my Express Entry profile? I read that she won't be eligible to work but can apply for a work permit and later apply for a PR. But that seems to be a lengthy process.
Can't we both apply individually adding each other as spouses, so that we both get the PR via Express Entry itself?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pratik
As long as she is added as an accompanying spouse in your express entry application (assuming you're the primary applicant) you will both get PR and won't have the need for a work permit.

Edit: neither of you is eligible for a work permit by simply creating an express entry profile.

Reactions: pratikvaidya9

pratikvaidya9

Mar 21, 2018
As long as she is added as an accompanying spouse in your express entry application (assuming you're the primary applicant) you will both get PR and won't have the need for a work permit.

Edit: neither of you is eligible for a work permit by simply creating an express entry profile.
Yes. Thanks for your quick reply. :)
Just one more query. How much time do I have to visit Canada after getting my PR? I wanted to come to Canada after securing a job offer(assuming I possess the PR and am applying for jobs from India)
Is there a deadline that if I don't visit Canada in the given time span, my PR expires?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pratik

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Hi
If you have received PR. you should do your landing before your VISA expiry date. Usually it is 1 year from your medical test date. It is advisable to search for a job with Canadian mobile number Because most of the employer's will not call overseas number

pratikvaidya9

Mar 21, 2018
Hi
If you have received PR. you should do your landing before your VISA expiry date. Usually it is 1 year from your medical test date. It is advisable to search for a job with Canadian mobile number Because most of the employer's will not call overseas number
Thanks a lot prkartik :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi
This by the way applies to all included on the same application so primary applicant, spouse and any dependants. Everyone must complete their PR landing before the expiry date even if a short landing. The PA can land first and the dependants afterwards but all before expiry date.

pratikvaidya9

Mar 21, 2018
Hi
Hi.. by Canadian mobile number, are you suggesting the VOIP services? Or is there another way of getting an actual SIM of Canada from India?

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
There are plenty of service providers and apps to provide canadian local number. google is the best place for everything

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Thanks for your quick reply. :)
Just one more query. How much time do I have to visit Canada after getting my PR? I wanted to come to Canada after securing a job offer(assuming I possess the PR and am applying for jobs from India)
Is there a deadline that if I don't visit Canada in the given time span, my PR expires?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pratik
Having PR won't give you an upper hand over a work permit holder while applying for job. You should learn to be familiar with the term "local only" in North America when applying for job. It means they only shortlist if you are within at most 50km from the place. Applying for jobs from abroad will be extremely tough.