+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my experience qualify under my NOC code

generaldoctor

May 27, 2019
greetings, I am newly graduated general practitioner, I am finished my internship after 2 months, and I am planning to immigrate to Canada after fulfilling the work experience requirement. I have 2 jobs offered to me, and I am wondering which of them might be an acceptable experience under my NOC 3112 (general practitioner):

1- working as a teaching assistant at the college I graduated from, this job is designated mainly to teach medical students and deliver lectures and skill labs.
2- the other work that I might occupy to fulfill the work experience requirement, working as pre-residency trainee. this job is a training for post grad doctors in the ( Cardiac Care Unit Department) only (yet not a training program), at a prestigious accredited hospital in my city. This work involves managing and treating patients with cardiac problems who were admitted to cardiac care units only.

-while considering that both of these posts are full time and paid, which of them would qualify as experience under my NOC and would be acceptable for the immigration ?

* and also as you can see, job description of this pre-residency training is somewhat different from the GP job description as it is all in the cardiac care units only, would it still count as experience under my NOC ?
your help is highly appreciated.

I am waiting for your response.
thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you planning to leave medicine once your immigrate to Canada? If you wish to continue practising, you should really look into the licensing process for immigrants. It's very difficult.

To answer your question:

You don't have a NOC yet. Your degree doesn't determine your NOC - the fact that you're a GP doesn't necessarily mean that you qualify under 3112. The work you do determines your NOC. If you work as a teacher, you will get that NOC. If you go off and work in a corporate job, you will get that NOC.

generaldoctor

May 27, 2019
Yes, I’m planning to apply for the Canadian post grad training programs.
I’m fully licensed as GP in my country, but i found only those 2 offers.
As it seems the college job doesn’t count as experience.
But does the pre-residency training job qualify as experience when I upload it as certificate of experience for the express entry profile ?