+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my application go to the back of the line after resubmitting documents?

ibrahimabulabannnn

Nov 6, 2023
Hello, I recently had to resubmit a document for my PR renewal application through the portal. I didn’t have to reapply or make any major changes. Does this mean my application goes to the back of the line, or will it just experience a slight delay? Additionally, I’m curious if the submitted date for my application refers to the date I resubmitted that document or the date of my initial document submission? Thank you for your assistance.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello, I recently had to resubmit a document for my PR renewal application through the portal. I didn’t have to reapply or make any major changes. Does this mean my application goes to the back of the line, or will it just experience a slight delay? Additionally, I’m curious if the submitted date for my application refers to the date I resubmitted that document or the date of my initial document submission? Thank you for your assistance.
No, you will maintain your position and the date will stay the same in the processing since the whole app wasn't returned to you.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I applied for my PR renewal early September, do you think it will come before Dec 13th? I have a flight that day.
Processing time shows 85 days right now but many people are saying it is taking much longer, having to submit documents will affect that as well. I don't want to guess if you will have it by then. Good luck.

ibrahimabulabannnn

Nov 6, 2023
Processing time shows 85 days right now but many people are saying it is taking much longer, having to submit documents will affect that as well. I don't want to guess if you will have it by then. Good luck.
How will I know if my PR card has been processed and approved? Does it just show up at my house?