+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Low GPA on transcript hinders your chances of TRV as student?

KacheCanadian91

Jun 5, 2017
One of my friends has a very low GPA (She has failed multiple times - Cumulative GPA 0.83 ) and has study permit until 2021 but her TRV has expired. We are thinking to apply a new one for her but very scared as to if they reject the TRV even though we have approved study permit? Does anyone know if it will call any hinderance.
She has not taken any semester off, just summer 2017 and have been studying full time since January 2017 but cannot graduate due to low scores.

Please guide.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but fail to see what education results could have to do with getting a TRV approved. She has a valid study permit and assume still attending full time so has a reason to be in the country. If she were no longer meeting the terms of the study permit, attending college full time, that would be a different matter , but low results doubtful. Ultimately can but apply but personally do not recall any question for a TRV application about results.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
One of my friends has a very low GPA (She has failed multiple times - Cumulative GPA 0.83 ) and has study permit until 2021 but her TRV has expired. We are thinking to apply a new one for her but very scared as to if they reject the TRV even though we have approved study permit? Does anyone know if it will call any hinderance.
She has not taken any semester off, just summer 2017 and have been studying full time since January 2017 but cannot graduate due to low scores.

Please guide.
What kind of TRV? If it is a study permit then probably not. Visitor, maybe.

KacheCanadian91

Jun 5, 2017
Others can comment as well but fail to see what education results could have to do with getting a TRV approved. She has a valid study permit and assume still attending full time so has a reason to be in the country. If she were no longer meeting the terms of the study permit, attending college full time, that would be a different matter , but low results doubtful. Ultimately can but apply but personally do not recall any question for a TRV application about results.
Got you! Thank you so much.

I think I should go ahead with applying it.