+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does latent TB affect to get Canada student visa ?

Megha Sheth

Jun 29, 2020
Hello,
Please help me to find proper answer for latent TB. I am planning to apply my study permit from USA and I have done my upfront medical examination, panel physician mentioned that I have latent TB and there is no symptoms, TST and blood tests are positive and chest xray is negative, I already started my medication. Please help me to understand that is there any issue to get study visa due to latent TB ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
Please help me to find proper answer for latent TB. I am planning to apply my study permit from USA and I have done my upfront medical examination, panel physician mentioned that I have latent TB and there is no symptoms, TST and blood tests are positive and chest xray is negative, I already started my medication. Please help me to understand that is there any issue to get study visa due to latent TB ?
Yes, you should expect that latent TB will result in your study permit approval being delayed. You'll need to complete your round of medication and your blood work must come back clean before a study permit will be approved.

Reactions: Megha Sheth

Megha Sheth

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, you should expect that latent TB will result in your study permit approval being delayed. You'll need to complete your round of medication and your blood work must come back clean before a study permit will be approved.
Thank you for response,my treatment is for 6 months and already started my medication in June 2020 and I am planning for Jan 2021 intake. If my visa will be delayed it will affect on my intake too.Is there any other way to clear this problem ? Like other reports to prove that I have not active TB and not contiguous.

Jun 7, 2019
Hello,
Why you have started your medication as you have no active TB? Blood test is positive because of antibodies.

Jun 7, 2019
Hello,
Did you get your visa?