+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does it really make sense to move to Canada?

anandheeraman

Apr 8, 2009
Good day all,

I'd like your advice/input regarding moving to Toronto, Canada. I landed on July 3 and spent two weeks there. I'm comparing Toronto against Qatar and Trinidad and Tobago.

Compared to T&T I think Toronto is good, the only drawback is the cold and taxes. However, compared to Qatar where I currently reside, it's much better in terms of salary, less stress, more time to spend with the kids, I commute to and from work within 15 minutes, have more time to do stuff, the place is safe, I don't have to worry about the cold weather, shovelling snow etc. I also don't have to pay for any trolley at the airport, nor do I have to pay for parking everywhere I go. I can't even get a job in Canada paying a similar amount of money and I'm looking for work that has a salary paying me 1/2 of what I make in Qatar.

The plus side to Canada seems to be that people are courteous, the driving is good compared to Qatar and you have access to a lot of things and places to visit etc. My children will have citizenship in another country other than Trinidad (which is really a kill zone now).

Anyway, what advice can someone give me that makes it better to move to Canada and become a citizen?

I've also met family members who either have two jobs or both husband and wife are working full time? It seems that the emphasis is more on work and less on family life which is not balanced.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
I don't think anyone can give you an advice. Yes, there are differences and will always be, but what's important in life for you may not be important for me and vice versa. I moved from US to Canada - some people will tell me I'm crazy, some people will tell me I did the best move of my life. Sure taxes may be higher in Canada, but I don't have to worry about my children gettig shot and killed on their way to school. Follow your guts and do what ever is best for your family. Good luck.

OASP

Jul 23, 2009
It all has to do with what is important to you..
I am weighing the same options... I am from Trinidad & Tobago, i work as a doctor, my salary here is good, if i go to canada i cannot apply for work as a doctor right away i have exams and have to go through residency training etc. In the interim the jobs that i am seeing are not very attractive, the pay is terrible. I will run the risk of losing my PR status if i don't go to Canada before september. I then have to be there non stop for 2 years.... I'm searching for the same answers... i am hoping someone out there can help..

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody else can answer these questions for you. If you have a good job and good future prospects where you are, then why move? If you feel that you have a good job right now but your children would have a better future in Canada, that might be a reason why but these are questions that you yourself have to answer.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Taking an appropriate decision in your life, for your future is very important. The views and plans are different and not same for all of us .Some people give weight to the climate and living atmosphere, some one prefers freedom and human rights, some one for education and fututre of their children.. etc.. etc. We all know those with good job in the Middle East never like to quit because of their tax free salary, free amenities ( including house/rent, car, gas). So, better you take a self decision.
anandheeraman said:
Good day all,

I'd like your advice/input regarding moving to Toronto, Canada. I landed on July 3 and spent two weeks there. I'm comparing Toronto against Qatar and Trinidad and Tobago.

Compared to T&T I think Toronto is good, the only drawback is the cold and taxes. However, compared to Qatar where I currently reside, it's much better in terms of salary, less stress, more time to spend with the kids, I commute to and from work within 15 minutes, have more time to do stuff, the place is safe, I don't have to worry about the cold weather, shovelling snow etc. I also don't have to pay for any trolley at the airport, nor do I have to pay for parking everywhere I go. I can't even get a job in Canada paying a similar amount of money and I'm looking for work that has a salary paying me 1/2 of what I make in Qatar.

The plus side to Canada seems to be that people are courteous, the driving is good compared to Qatar and you have access to a lot of things and places to visit etc. My children will have citizenship in another country other than Trinidad (which is really a kill zone now).

Anyway, what advice can someone give me that makes it better to move to Canada and become a citizen?

I've also met family members who either have two jobs or both husband and wife are working full time? It seems that the emphasis is more on work and less on family life which is not balanced.