+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does it make sense to apply?

ttsoldier

Apr 6, 2018
Hi all, (Will try to keep this short as possible)

I would like to migrate to Canada. My sister has been living over there for a while and will soon acquire citizenship.

I am 29 year old , single male from Trinidad and Tobago. I have been working for the last 10 years or so from I.T assistant to I.T administrator , Project Coordinator for an offshore company and then offshore on a semi-sub rig as a Radio Operator.

When I do the online tool it tells me I'm not eligible. I have not done my IELTS as yet ( it's booked for May 24th) but i threw in some random scores of 8 for each section.

I have the maximum amount of money required

However, my education is lacking. My highest official level of education is high school ( I already paid for my high school certificate to get accredited) . I played around with the online tool and no matter what answers i put in, it kept telling me i was not eligible. The only time it said I was eligible was when i put a higher education that high school. I'm guessing this is because you only get five points for high school.
(now i kind of wish i listened to my mom when i was younger)

None the less, I am not struggling in Trinidad, nor do I want for anything down here as I am financially stable. However, the state of the country is getting worst as each day passes, hence the reason to migrate.

I have completed Microsoft certifications for Server, windows 7 and i am presently learning Front end web development via treehouse.

My questions are:
1)even though the online tool says I'm not eligible, do I still have a shot if I apply?
2) Is there any way to get more points in education for my Microsoft Certificates?

Thank you in advance for your response

ttsoldier

Apr 6, 2018
Did some research since posting this and I've been able to get the answer to my own questions. Both are no.

My final option would be applying with my girlfriend as common law. We were going to apply individually but since I do not meet the criteria , that won't be possible. Applying as common law will be the better option. She has her degree etc so she will be the main applicant.

We will have to actually live together over the next year and get our mail etc to come to the address of our apartment as proof.