+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Internet bill count as proof of address ? OCI for minor child

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
We are applying OCI for our 4-month-old baby. My wife doesn't drive so she never applied for a driver's license. Her Ontario photo card has old address on it. Getting the updated Photo card would easily 4 - 6 weeks to deliver, so that's not an option. Our Rogers internet is in her name. Can I upload the Internet bill as her proof of address along with an explanation letter? I have the rest of the documents. It is just my wife's proof of address that's been bugging me all day.

Secondly, we are planning to click passport photos ourselves and get them printed from Walmart but had a few questoins:
- is it okay to do so ourselves or does it need to be from a professional photographer with their stamp on the back?
- how many photos are needed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are applying OCI for our 4-month-old baby. My wife doesn't drive so she never applied for a driver's license. Her Ontario photo card has old address on it. Getting the updated Photo card would easily 4 - 6 weeks to deliver, so that's not an option. Our Rogers internet is in her name. Can I upload the Internet bill as her proof of address along with an explanation letter? I have the rest of the documents. It is just my wife's proof of address that's been bugging me all day.

Secondly, we are planning to click passport photos ourselves and get them printed from Walmart but had a few questoins:
- is it okay to do so ourselves or does it need to be from a professional photographer with their stamp on the back?
- how many photos are needed?
Would ask on a forum related to India not Canada