+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does full time work experience count before graduation for FSW express entry ?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
There are two phases of FSWP.
FSW
CRS

under FSW one should get 67 points
under CRS one should get enough points over invitation of rounds

FSW has maximum 6+ years of experience tab
CRS has maximum 3+ years of experience tab
here it says, you can get points for 3 years of maximum foreign work experience, for Canadian work experience one can get points for 5 years of experience.

Mb19

Dec 10, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I intend to apply for canada PR. I have 3.5 years of experience in noc 4021 occupation( IT trainer) in private institute. While working I was also doing GNIIT 3 years diploma and then after 1st year in GNIIT i took lateral entry in 2nd year of BSC.IT degree from Kuvempu University of Distance Education. After that i did PGDIT 2years from SCDL. Now i have few questions to ask...

1. Will my work experience will count?
2. Is my qualification will assessed by WES or IQAS, and which category they will put it in?
3. Shall i go forward to register in EE?
4. I got my Provisional degree in May 2010, but due to some issues i asked for my actual degree in 2016, is it ok in Education assessment?
5. My work experience after i got my Provisional degree bachelor's will count?

I'm really confused what to do? Kindly help.

lfclub96

Jan 12, 2019
Hello
If someone has 3 years experience prior to graduation and 1 year of experience post graduation knowing that he was enrolled as full time student.
Can he claim points for the experience before graduation ??
I appreciate your help

Kriya1286

Dec 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I completed my education in May 2007 and then did some internship for 8 months(i don’t have any letter for this and they won’t give me now too). Got another job in May 2008 and have continuous employment since then. Actually i don’t want to show that internship in EE profile as I have nothing to prove it. Can i just show that my employment started in 2008 and show a gap of 1 year after my studies completed and before job started? So education completed May 2007 and job started May 2008. Would that be questionable in EE profile?

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hello,
I am a teacher of mathematics, and I have a question regarding work experience. I started my career as a student of Masters, while I was on full time study. That first work was only part-time, 16 hours a week. Can I include this for EE record, or just don't mention it at all?
Bare in mind that this is regulated profession.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

athul77ra

Jan 20, 2019
I have completed my diploma on 2012 and btech course completed on 2015 with backlogs and on april 2018 i have completed my btech degree but i have been working on relevant field from 2015 sept and now i have a 3.5 years of experience, Kindly go through my profile and inform me that whether my experience in the period of 2015- april 2018 valid or not..please reply

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Sorry for that essay question and thank you for your response.

I was suppose to finish my graduation on May'2013 but due to backlog I has to finish in a supplementary exam which was November'2013, my degree and my consolidated marks memo also states that I finished the degree in November'2013.

I have excluded my first job from the work history due to the fact that, it was done during my graduation,moreover, I am not gaining any points from it. I decided to put that in my work history. I joined my first company when I was about to write my exams in August'2013.

Under this question :

"
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
"

What should I select the date to be? should I choose August'2013 which is the date I joined the company or should I choose a date which is three months later than that it, which is November'2013 because this is the date I graduated.

I am grateful for your communications. I would request for an early reply, so that I can make changes to the express entry before the next draw, which I feel is near.
Hey buddy, what did you do about this finally?

mohafahas

Oct 22, 2018
Hey buddy, what did you do about this finally?
Hi,

I am not your buddy, please be mindful and address accordingly or not address at all. If I were you, I would also ask my question more politely. I hope this helps you somewhere.

From my experience of this situation, work experience should be placed from the day/month graduation is completed. There can be conditions to this, one of them is having 3 years of work experience since completing graduation.

In the Letter of Explanation please make sure to mention gaps, any previous work experience that does not give points or work experience that are not added for what so ever reason (from my experience a reference letter is not required for this), missing things out will definitely work against anyone's profile either now or in the future.

I hope I answered your question.

Thank you.

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hi,

I am not your buddy, please be mindful and address accordingly or not address at all. If I were you, I would also ask my question more politely. I hope this helps you somewhere.

From my experience of this situation, work experience should be placed from the day/month graduation is completed. There can be conditions to this, one of them is having 3 years of work experience since completing graduation.

In the Letter of Explanation please make sure to mention gaps, any previous work experience that does not give points or work experience that are not added for what so ever reason (from my experience a reference letter is not required for this), missing things out will definitely work against anyone's profile either now or in the future.

I hope I answered your question.

Thank you.
Thanks for your info.

And LOL. Does the title Dear Benevolent Leader or Respected King give you the respect you yearn for?

If you're getting offended as someone referring you as their friend then Canada isnt for you, buddy.

Regards.

mohafahas

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks for your info.

And LOL. Does the title Dear Benevolent Leader or Respected King give you the respect you yearn for?

If you're getting offended as someone referring you as their friend then Canada isnt for you, buddy.

Regards.
I wish I could agree with you. Have a great day.

Sep 11, 2019
Hello Mr.Preetsingh,

i completed ACCA in july 2019 but i'm working since 2014.Can i claim experience under tab for 3+ years.Also, should I select Degree as Part time study if i want to claim experience for time I wasn't ACCA qualified?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Mr.Preetsingh,

i completed ACCA in july 2019 but i'm working since 2014.Can i claim experience under tab for 3+ years.Also, should I select Degree as Part time study if i want to claim experience for time I wasn't ACCA qualified?
If that NOC code does not require special education, if you were getting paid and you can provide reference letter for that job, then yes you can claim. You can choose part time.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
NOC code is 1111, financial auditors and accountants.I don't know if it requires special education
Never. 1111 is a high skilled occupation. Graduation is must, we dont file anyone until he has CA degree. It might find you odd, but we have seen rejections under 1111 without CA degree.

Sep 11, 2019
Never. 1111 is a high skilled occupation. Graduation is must, we dont file anyone until he has CA degree. It might find you odd, but we have seen rejections under 1111 without CA degree.
I mean I have the ACCA(equals to masters in canada) since July 2019 and I had completed CAT in 2011 (a diploma of one year) and ACCA part 2 completed in 2017 (which is equal to Bachelors in canada)when I worked from 2014 to 2019.I'm not sure how much experience can i claim, from 2011 or from 2017.