+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does everyone have a choice to choose digital citizenship certificate now?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
or all the online oath applicants can choose electronic certificate?
till now its by invite only. They send information during the test phase. If you are chosen for pilot program, its mentioned in test email when you receive it and you can either select or say no to it.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
When I submitted my application for citizenship online in January, I was offered the choice of an electronic certificate or a physical certificate. I elected to go with the electronic certificate.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Do they accept the printout.. did you apply with the printout? Am clarifying because on their website they state "It must be the original document (not a photocopy)." Will be keen to hear from those who applied with a printout of the electronic certificate and received their passport without issues, thanks!
Their instructions sometimes contradict itself because they haven't been updated to fit the digital certificate. For example, in the citizenship test invite instructions it is clearly stated that you must display a government issued photo ID with your photo and signature, however, the new PR card has no signature on it and it is still accepted.
With the new electric certificate, which contains a barcode, they don't need a fancy document to check the records and cross reference the authenticity of it. There is a reason why they are introducing e-certificate, to make things simpler and faster, wit less hustle, and less wait time.

Reactions: mbaleine and mejaz

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
till now its by invite only. They send information during the test phase. If you are chosen for pilot program, its mentioned in test email when you receive it and you can either select or say no to it.
This is old news, now applicants can select either paper or electronic when applying.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Good for new applicants. How about those who are already in process?
If you have filed your application before Jan 4, 2023 in test invite email they might given you an option to go for e-certificate. If you did not get any option in the email you will get paper certificate.

Reactions: lila777