+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does duration of Masters Program matters in employment?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*title*, 1 year vs 2 year Masters Program.

i know that a person will only receive 8 months of PGWP if his Masters program is 8 months long. but my question is about employment.

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
If you are a young person with no managerial experience who has intention eventually to get a job and immigrate to Canada then pure MBA (not connected to accounting designation etc.) is absolutely a waste of time and money. The only benefit from MBA such a person can get if the program is offered in Ontario where all Master students can start their immigration process without a job offer.

Master in CS from the recognized in IT field university will give you much brighter job prospects. In addition, a holder of Master degree in CS can apply for immigration without a job offer in Ontario and BC.

My opinion can be subjective, because I am an employed fresh graduate from 2 years CS Master program. I do not know any CS person whose Master program was less then 4 terms.

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
hell911 said:
i know that a person will only receive 8 months of PGWP if his Masters program is 8 months long.
Some of my friends who graduated from 8-12 month Master programs got a 3 year work permit because they were able to attach a job offer to their applications for PGWP. There is no official rule that a job offer guarantees to an applicant a 3 year PGWP. This is just what I witnessed.

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
maximin said:
Some of my friends who graduated from 8-12 month Master programs got a 3 year work permit because they were able to attach a job offer to their applications for PGWP. There is no official rule that a job offer guarantees to an applicant a 3 year PGWP. This is just what I witnessed.
HI APPLIED TO LAKEHEAD. THEY AASKED ME TO PAY 100 DOLLARS AND I GOT UNCONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER. DO ANYONE APPLIED WITHOUT PAYING FEES FROM INDIA. THANK YOU