+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does divorce before landing affects the primary appicant?

Praggyangel

Jan 4, 2020
Hi,
I as primary applicant and my husband as secondary applicant and my 3 year old daughter has applied for permanent residency for Canada. We got the ITA under the PNP and finally has submitted our passports for visa and will get it back in 4-5 days. Now, as things are not getting good between me and my husband and we are thinking about divorce. So, my query is that if we divorce and I intimate the IRCC about this, does it affect mine and my daughter's entry in Canada and PR or if my visa might be cancelled as my husband doesnt wish to go to Canada after divorce. Also, if I will be engaged in divorce formalities, my landing might be delayed as the divorce will take another 6 months to finalise, so can it affect my PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I as primary applicant and my husband as secondary applicant and my 3 year old daughter has applied for permanent residency for Canada. We got the ITA under the PNP and finally has submitted our passports for visa and will get it back in 4-5 days. Now, as things are not getting good between me and my husband and we are thinking about divorce. So, my query is that if we divorce and I intimate the IRCC about this, does it affect mine and my daughter's entry in Canada and PR or if my visa might be cancelled as my husband doesnt wish to go to Canada after divorce. Also, if I will be engaged in divorce formalities, my landing might be delayed as the divorce will take another 6 months to finalise, so can it affect my PR?
Did you use points from your husband?

Praggyangel

Jan 4, 2020
We applied through express entry. So, I just filled all the information which the form asked for. I have to go through the form to look for it