+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does deportation decision in US affect the FSW application?

AAA000

Nov 18, 2009
Hi all,

I've a silent reader of this forum for a while and found it very helpfull. I have a question about the FSW processing which is the subject line. If someone has received a deportation order from US immigrtaion, however, he has appealed for and still pending the desicion under the appeal process, does this have some kind of effect on FSW decision or consideration of the application? I appreciate your responses.

Thanks,
Ben

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
If the deportation is a result of some serious offense in the U.S. (criminal record or felony), it is very likely that Canada will think twice before issuing a visa. It works the other way too. If you have a felony record in Canada, U.S. usually denies you access.

Mark

B

belize

If they find out you b een deported from USA or in processing for any reason they never ever give you visa trust me.

hao8165

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-10-2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
23-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010 (In person)
belize said:
If they find out you b een deported from USA or in processing for any reason they never ever give you visa trust me.
Belize, do you have any proof or sources that can verify your statement?
I think Canada certainly cares about the criminal records of the applicants. However, if someone is deported for some other reasons, such as visa overstay, which is not a criminal offense, I think it's still possible for that person to get the visa, since deportation itself doesn't constitute inadmissibility. Ben, if your friend qualifies for the FSW despite the deportation order, it's better for him to hire an immigration lawyer both in the US and Canada.