+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does contract employment is counted for CEC

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey guys I have completed one year in NOC-A but I received a letter stating that I worked as a full time employee on a contract role that means I do have ending time on my employment. Hope that contract role won't cause any issue for me!!! Please suggest your opinions. Thanks and waiting for your valuable answer.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys I have completed one year in NOC-A but I received a letter stating that I worked as a full time employee on a contract role that means I do have ending time on my employment. Hope that contract role won't cause any issue for me!!! Please suggest your opinions. Thanks and waiting for your valuable answer.
Contract role just means that it is for a fixed period not permanent and usually doesn’t include benefits.

Reactions: RickyNep

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Not an issue. What matters is that you performed the duties of a skilled NOC for the requisite number of hours.
I do have letter such as :

Person X is employed at Y company. Person X has been employed since Feb 1, 2020 and is a full time employee, in contract role, working 40 hours per week with $..... salary. The responsibilities and duties are:

- Duties matching to NOC 2174

Hope I will be fine. Please suggest additional info that I need to include if I'm missing something inside my letter of employment. I'm planning to leave this company anytime soon. Thanks @primaprime