+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does co-op term count as work experience?

skyline1942

Dec 3, 2016
hi everyone
i am an international student who worked 3 co-op terms (12 months in total) while i was still an full-time student in school. I just want to know if that experience is going to help me at all for my application if i apply for express entry.

CEC:
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

i noticed that CEC wouldn't count that. i just want to know if there is any other way that could count this work experience in my application.
Please kindly answer my question. thank you very much

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
No. It doesn't count as any work experiece. You will still need another year of work experience after you have graduated.

grprt

Mar 30, 2018
Hlo i am an International student and working as Assistant manager at Tim Hortons. Is this experience will help me for my CEC.

Prashanth1227

Nov 11, 2019
Any work you've done while you are a student in Canada does NOT count under CEC.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. My question is:

I started working as a full time employee in one of the MNC from my second year of graduation(total 3 years course). The course was a full time course and even the employment was a full time job. Can I use that experience and claim points in CRS? I have a total of 3 years experience in Amazon (I even worked there after my graduation).

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. My question is:

I started working as a full time employee in one of the MNC from my second year of graduation(total 3 years course). The course was a full time course and even the employment was a full time job. Can I use that experience and claim points in CRS? I have a total of 3 years experience in Amazon (I even worked there after my graduation).
How did you work and study full time at the same time. Did you have both a work permit and a study permit?