Exampted
Med's Request
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
informatics said:
You could try sending a case specific inquiry ASAP explaining the situation. Do not forget to include your Package's tracking # (if you have one) along with other details like your UC ID , DoB, country of birth , date application received, your Cit. fee receipt # etc.

I forgot to attach some docs with my application . I send them through email and case specific inquiry . It took a while however now those docs are part of my application .
Dear friend,

This is very good news and thanks for sharing your experience. I still have two questions
Q1. What is the e-mail address to send the explanation note?.
Q2. What does the mean of case specific enquiry? please explain so I could immediately act upon it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Rehmanpk said:
Dear friend,

This is very good news and thanks for sharing your experience. I still have two questions
Q1. What is the e-mail address to send the explanation note?.
Q2. What does the mean of case specific enquiry? please explain so I could immediately act upon it.
Please use this:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
I have a situation related to this topic.
my citizenship test will be on 17feb and my home country passport will expire on 16 feb.
is there any thing I should be worried about?
since I have no plan to travel outside Canada therefore I dint renew it although I could have renewed it 6 month before expiry date.
please advise how do I respond if CO ask me any question regarding this.

thanks

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Born-confused said:
I have a situation related to this topic.
my citizenship test will be on 17feb and my home country passport will expire on 16 feb.
is there any thing I should be worried about?
since I have no plan to travel outside Canada therefore I dint renew it although I could have renewed it 6 month before expiry date.
please advise how do I respond if CO ask me any question regarding this.

thanks
Nothing to worry about. The problem is when passport expires months or years ago which is not the case. They will not ask any question about your passport expiring 24 hours before test. You are not required to have a valid passport to take the test or oath they just wanna make sure you didn't have any other passport if yours expired few months ago.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Born-confused said:
thanks goldline
Hey Born-confused,
I just have a question, I don't know how old you are but how can u be confused for such a long time? and what are you confused about? Anything we can do to make things clear for you?
Please don't hesitate to share your secret.

Danielari2016

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
I have sent my application for citizenship with expired passports as I did not travel since arrived in Canada

Hi
Did you get your citizenship? did they ask any explanation letter or returned your application anything because i will be qualify on August 11 and my passport will expire on September 11 but i am not thinking about renew or extension until i get Canadian Passport.

I applied last October with an expired passport and during my interview in May, the officer asked why I did not renew my passport and I informed her that I had no immediate plan to travel so there was no need to spend the extra money renewing it. Good luck.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CBSA has started exit records since June 2013. It is for USA for sure however for other countries, I don't know.
Someone recently got his CBSA records and there were exits mentioned for since June 2013. .

Even though they don't stamp on exit however, someway the entry is noted in their system.
We requested a border record of my wife's recent European trip summer of 2017. We gotten the papers that said they do not have any exit records leaving Canada. Exit records are only available if flying to US only. Not sure when they will start recording exits to other countries besides US.