+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC accept Proof of funds on Spouse name?

Ramesh Ainam

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hello group,

I know this could be a repetitive question in this forum, but, I am desperately looking forward for this piece of information. Request you to provide your valuable suggestions.

I received SINP nomination and will get my ITA this week. All my proof of funds are in the name of my spouse (Term deposits since last six months). I am the primary applicant and she is my accompanying partner. Can I show these proof of funds (with her name on it) to CIC in my eAPR (visa) application?

FYI, I have shown the same proof of funds to SINP and got the nomination. But, I heard that CIC accepts the POF only in the name of primary applicant.

If it has to be in the name of primary applicant, can I liquidate the term deposits, credit them into our joint savings account and show them as a POF? But, in this case, the funds will not be six months old. May be I need to get an "No objection" affidavit from my wife to use these funds by me (primary applicant)?

Please suggest me solutions to this query. Thanks in advance.

Ramesh Ainam

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion.

All my POF are fixed deposits. If it is in her bank account, I would have made it a joint account. But, I am not sure if FDs can be converted from single to joint.

I also have PF statements for 20% of the amount and remaining 80% in Fixed deposits on my wife name (Spouse - Accompanying applicant). Fixed deposits has my name on the bond as
Mrs. <My wife name>
W/o: <My name>

I am also the nominee of those fixed deposits.

Please confirm.