+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Canadian visa offices processing visitor applications for not immediate familes??

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Dear frirnd,
As far as I know the travel restriction will be there till end of sep 2020. Any one knows if Visa officess still processing Visitor visa application for people who are NOT immediate family member of Canadian person? Any one get decision letter from VO for his/her trv application recently?
Thanksss.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
They said that they are accepting e-application from July 1. As for the processing times, it will depend on the VO. You can check on their website but they said that it's not updated, so it may be inaccurate. The travel restrictions does not mean that they cannot process. IRCC advises that a FN may get a TRV but not be allowed to enter Canada.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I contacted VIsa office in turkey and they said they processing application for not immediate family of CC or PRs but at reduce capacity but there is no one I know that received result ( approved or rejected )from visa office.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear frirnd,
As far as I know the travel restriction will be there till end of sep 2020. Any one knows if Visa officess still processing Visitor visa application for people who are NOT immediate family member of Canadian person? Any one get decision letter from VO for his/her trv application recently?
Thanksss.
Would suspect that travel restrictions will go on for quite a while.

anna2020

Apr 2, 2020
I contacted VIsa office in turkey and they said they processing application for not immediate family of CC or PRs but at reduce capacity but there is no one I know that received result ( approved or rejected )from visa office.
Oh now they are processing it? Because I remember before you commented you contact them and they said they are not processing. I have not heard anyone get TRV approval

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
My parents TrV super visa was approved on 21 aug and I did get passport request which were submitted 26 aug. I know another person whose visit visa was approved on aug 4 but he is also a father of a PR holder

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Oh now they are processing it? Because I remember before you commented you contact them and they said they are not processing. I have not heard anyone get TRV approval
Yes. They said the vo processing applications but at reduce capacity. Did you hear any one applied TRV and got decision? (rejected or approved)

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
My parents TrV super visa was approved on 21 aug and I did get passport request which were submitted 26 aug. I know another person whose visit visa was approved on aug 4 but he is also a father of a PR holder
The Trv application of immediate families are processing since they put travel restriction.