+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Canada have problem with Iranians to issue Study Visa?

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Hello,

There is something happening regarding Study Permit for Iranian students that I find it really strange.

I know more than twenty people who submitted their visa request in October 2017, and the outcome of their request is still unknown. When they ask for more information usingEmail or Web Form, the embassy simply replies that "it is under background check".

Actually, there are only two or three people since last October that announced their visa submit was successful and their request was approved.

Since I am active in some Iranian forums and social media groups related to students who are applying for Visa, I think these statistics are almost correct.

Even there's someone who says he received Passport Request message in his account on 27 November, and submitted his passport on 03 December, but the embassy has not given back his passport yet! When he enquires through Email, they say that "It is under review"!

The average time for Study Permit process for Iranian students is 11 weeks according to Canada.ca website, and because there's no Canadian Embassy in Iran, the visa cases are evaluated in Canadian Embassy in Turkey.

It's really strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahereh

Tahereh

Feb 26, 2018
Exactly true.

I applied for study permit and did my biometrics on October 2017, but still no reply!
4 months waiting for a study permit, sounds not fair and reasonable! Wish I could understand the meaning of background check! What can be found in my background as a student who just studied and worked to make an academically acceptable CV.
Not good, not fair, really feel sorry for this situation.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Where is the visa office where your file is submitted?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
No need to medical check.
Then 4 months is a lot time tbh. Did you miss your classes? If so, they might be intentionally doing it as they don't want you to go to Canada this early. The thing is, the embassy give your case to outside agencies and they take a lot of time during background checks. They mostly conduct criminality and security check at this stage so if there is nothing wrong there then Insha Allah you'll get it.

Tahereh

Feb 26, 2018
Of course I missed. I was accepted for January 2018, visa wasn’t issued, then university gave me another letter to start my study on March 2018, visa wasn’t issued again, now university gave me another letter for May 2018, and I am waiting if they could give me this honor to finish my background check!!!

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Of course I missed. I was accepted for January 2018, visa wasn’t issued, then university gave me another letter to start my study on March 2018, visa wasn’t issued again, now university gave me another letter for May 2018, and I am waiting if they could give me this honor to finish my background check!!!
Have they asked for the updated LOA yet? I missed mine too for January and they requested the new LOA 12 days ago so probably they will ask it from you too.

Tahereh

Feb 26, 2018
I have already submitted the new letter of admission if you mean this. Too I submitted the new CAQ. So nothing wrong except background check!

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I have already submitted the new letter of admission if you mean this. Too I submitted the new CAQ. So nothing wrong except background check!
Yeah then they are just conducting background checks and it can take long. You just need to wait.

Reactions: nima-ahmadi

nima-ahmadi

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
hi guys
same here
I submitted my applications on October and yet ive received no answer whatsoever
my lawyer says that it would take up to a year and he is not even sure about the quality of the visa ( whether its going to be given with conditions or not )
this is absurd , non of my friends have received their visas either ( me and two of my friends sent our applications on October )
I think its a result of the recent political conflicts between the countries
the average processing time for Iranian application on this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/ is 16 months which is the highest among other countries.

nima-ahmadi

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hello,

There is something happening regarding Study Permit for Iranian students that I find it really strange.

I know more than twenty people who submitted their visa request in October 2017, and the outcome of their request is still unknown. When they ask for more information usingEmail or Web Form, the embassy simply replies that "it is under background check".

Actually, there are only two or three people since last October that announced their visa submit was successful and their request was approved.

Since I am active in some Iranian forums and social media groups related to students who are applying for Visa, I think these statistics are almost correct.

Even there's someone who says he received Passport Request message in his account on 27 November, and submitted his passport on 03 December, but the embassy has not given back his passport yet! When he enquires through Email, they say that "It is under review"!

The average time for Study Permit process for Iranian students is 11 weeks according to Canada.ca website, and because there's no Canadian Embassy in Iran, the visa cases are evaluated in Canadian Embassy in Turkey.

It's really strange.
hey
any updates on your end ?
did you get your visa ?

Tahereh

Feb 26, 2018
Oh my God! Don’t talk about waiting for a year!!! I will absolutely lose my academic position then
May I ask if you’re applying for study permit and if so, are you self funded or not?
I was told students who are self funded get their visa sooner.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
hi guys
same here
I submitted my applications on October and yet ive received no answer whatsoever
my lawyer says that it would take up to a year and he is not even sure about the quality of the visa ( whether its going to be given with conditions or not )
this is absurd , non of my friends have received their visas either ( me and two of my friends sent our applications on October )
I think its a result of the recent political conflicts between the countries
the average processing time for Iranian application on this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/ is 16 months which is the highest among other countries.
It is 16 weeks which is around 4 months. Also note that this is average processing time which means the processing time for refused applications are also included hence the approval time would be around more than 4 months.