+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone who has applied for study permit in the month of November 2021 received PPR request ??

Pvicto

Sep 28, 2021
Yes this is my first student visa application. I had tourist visa in the past too.
What do you suggest to do in these situations except waiting to hear from ircc?

is this your first application?
I am not sure about the study permit process timelines, but for the express entry applications, it always varies, some applicants receive the medical instructions in a week, some get it in 3 weeks. and it takes up to a month for it to be reviewed by an officer.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yes this is my first student visa application. I had tourist visa in the past too.
What do you suggest to do in these situations except waiting to hear from ircc?
usually we express entry applicants wait, as medicals and biometrics request arrival on the profile seems automatic upon submission, but if in case it's exceeding a month then try sending a webform stating your issue.

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
is this your first application?
I am not sure about the study permit process timelines, but for the express entry applications, it always varies, some applicants receive the medical instructions in a week, some get it in 3 weeks. and it takes up to a month for it to be reviewed by an officer.
I have applied for student visa along with my wife (SOWP) and daughter (visitor). It's been more than 2 months now, yet received no medical request.
Wondering if we can do the medical now to expedite the overall process.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I have applied for student visa along with my wife (SOWP) and daughter (visitor). It's been more than 2 months now, yet received no medical request.
Wondering if we can do the medical now to expedite the overall process.
why didn't you go for the upfront medicals and submit while filling the application to study permit? if this was done the medicals would have been reviewed and passed in a month.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#when
Strictly follow ircc's requirements,
When to get your medical exam
You can either get your medical exam before or after you apply.
Getting an exam before you submit your application
You have the option of getting an exam before you apply. This is called an upfront medical exam. To get one, contact a panel physician directly.
You can get one if you apply to:
  • visit (including parent and grandparent super visa)
  • work
  • study
Getting an exam after you submit your application
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions.
If you don’t follow these instructions, we may refuse your application.

IRCC's response- Hi. If you have valid upfront medical exam results yes, you can submit them as part of your application initially. Thanks.

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
why didn't you go for the upfront medicals and submit while filling the application to study permit? if this was done the medicals would have been reviewed and passed in a month.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#when
Strictly follow ircc's requirements,
When to get your medical exam
You can either get your medical exam before or after you apply.
Getting an exam before you submit your application
You have the option of getting an exam before you apply. This is called an upfront medical exam. To get one, contact a panel physician directly.
You can get one if you apply to:
  • visit (including parent and grandparent super visa)
  • work
  • study
Getting an exam after you submit your application
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions.
If you don’t follow these instructions, we may refuse your application.

IRCC's response- Hi. If you have valid upfront medical exam results yes, you can submit them as part of your application initially. Thanks.

Yes, I regret for not doing it before applying. However, I think it is better to wait now as you said.
Also I found in their medical FAQ point#12 (https://qrco.de/bc5Fqa) they are advising the same:

"12. I submitted my study permit application online but have not done an up-front medical exam. Should I do them now?
If you have already submitted your study permit application online, but have not yet done a medical exam, do not proceed to do a medical exam now. You must wait until IRCC has assessed your application, at which point you will be sent instructions to do your Immigration Medical Exam (IME)."

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yes, I regret for not doing it before applying. However, I think it is better to wait now as you said.
Also I found in their medical FAQ point#12 (https://qrco.de/bc5Fqa) they are advising the same:

"12. I submitted my study permit application online but have not done an up-front medical exam. Should I do them now?
If you have already submitted your study permit application online, but have not yet done a medical exam, do not proceed to do a medical exam now. You must wait until IRCC has assessed your application, at which point you will be sent instructions to do your Immigration Medical Exam (IME)."
there is a huge delay for some applicants to receive the medical request. PNP AOR December 15 applicant hasn't received the meds instruction yet.
countries with high volume applications will face some delays, nothing can be done.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
For everyone's info, the ircc is shifting it's focus to reduce the backlog of 1.8 million people who applied since 2018 which includes Express entry, SOWP, Study permit, Visit visa's TR2PR etc. so a memo pointed out to hold draws for express entry until mid 2022 so they can clear backlogs. So Student visa's will be processed soon. The immigration plan for this year will be published on the second week of February.

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
We received PPR for non SDS SP+ SOWP + VV today! Applied from India on 22 Nov. Thanks all for helping out. Wish you all the best!

Reactions: firecracker