+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Anyone Update There Application Basied on More Trips, etc.

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
Should we update our application with more pictures and information on the 16 days we spent, in Moscow and our trip to the Black Sea? We took the trip after we filed our application. Or just wait to see if they ask for an interview? Just wanted some thoughts on this as in our application there is already three trips to Moscow documented and around 75 pictures (Trips, Wedding, Visiting Parents). Our application has now been “in process” for just over two months now.

Also I seen how some people been asked for new evidence of continuing communication does this happen a lot? Is there any information they usually ask for during the process if your kit is complete with lots of supporting evidence. Just would rather be prepaied and not have to use somthing then to have to take 2-3 days putting it togther after a request.

Thanks.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
If you are confident in the relationship evidence you've already submitted, I would not recommend adding more at this point. Wait to see if they ask for more or need an interview. You could go ahead and prepare it for mailing while you wait, but I don't think you should send it unless asked. Allison

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I agree. Sending in extra evidence after the application has started processing doesn't always work - some people have said this evidence has been lost in their cases. If you really fear that you did not submit enough proof of a genuine relationship, it could be worth it to send it in, but it sounds like you have enough.
Just keep collecting extra evidence, such as proof of the trip and proof of your communication. Then if they ask for more info, you have it ready; and you can take it to the interview. If there is an interview, they do ask you to bring in more proof of your communication since the application was sent in.

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
No we have a very well organized kit and lots of evidence showing our relationship is real... included;

• 82 pages of E-mail Summary from over the past 510 days. (41 pages printed on both sided to save pages)
o E-mail messages from 10/18/2008 ~ 03/13/2010. This is ONLY mails To/From Andrew/Maria. No Family Mails or mails to other parties were included in this summary so it would be easy to see the volume of mail we exchange.
• 89 pages of selected e-mails between each other, family, and friends, showing everyone knew of our intent to marry, marriage, etc.
• 29 pages of various postcards, greeting cards between us, family, and friends
• 14 pages of Andrew's cell phone records Summary for Past Seven Months with a summary of total SMS's Sent / Received each month and # of phone calls made with calls to Maria's cell highlighted and number of SMS messages sent internationally.
• 53 pages of Maria's phone records for Nov & Dec with a detailed SMS and call log from Megaphone (27 pages printed on both sided to save pages) There is to many messages to/from Andrews cell phone to highlight. All lines showing “###-###-####” are from or two Andrews cell.
• 5 pages of SMS messages from Andrew's Cell Phone (9 or 12 screenshots to a page of our iPhone SMS's in each case)
• 7 pages of SMS messages from Maria's Cell Phone
• __ Pages of Recipes (Gifts, Flowers, Wedding Rings, etc.) (forget how many pages around 20)
• 18 Pages of Andrews Russian Visas, Plane Tickets, Invoices, and Boarding Passes, Hotel / Apartment Rental Papers / Police Registrations, Three Sets one for each trip/visit
• 7 Pages of 7 different trip summary's (basically the receipts, pictures of us there, and a write up about the trip.
• 75 Pictures (in excess to the pictures on the trip pages) Our First Meeting, Our Wedding, Meeting her Parents, pictures with Friends, and places we went. All numbered so we could refer to them in our answers, dated, names of ppl, place. Printed on lables
• 5 Pages of our honeymoon attempt (receipts, explanation, attached letters from the Embassy)
• 21 Pages of evidence of financial support including bank letter indicating she has a ScotiaBank Visa card issued to her linked to our account.
• Anyhow you get the picture lol, probably another 20-25 pages answering more questions in specific detail.

Yeh so we sent in a good amount of supporting evidence I feel.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Your application sounds very detailed! You don't need to send anything else in right now. If they want more (which I doubt) the VO will ask for it. Just keep the proof of your communication and contact since sending in the app. From the sounds of it, you won't have an interview, but if you do you show the new proof then.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
They really are required to assess whether your relationship was genuine on the date that you signed the forms and filed the application. Anything that happened after that point is largely irrelevant. For example, if you had lived together for 11 months and then filed, but finished the 12th month before they looked at your application, you wouldn't be eligible, or if you didn't marry until after the application was filed, that really doesn't count. Sometimes they will take that sort of information into account, but by the letter of the law, they're not really allowed to. Of course, if your relationship was to break down totally after the application was filed, that could have a bearing on your case, but generally they are only supposed to look at evidence of how things were up to the date of the application.

So, don't send anything about additional trips and so on, unless they ask for it, which I think is unlikely.

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
Well I have seen several people were asked to provide proof of a continuing relationship which was after the filing of the application mainly proof of continuing communication. So no idea if it should of matter up to the point of the application.

Anyhow I will just have some stuff ready ahead of time and if they would like anything we will not have to waste any time working on collecting the info. I look at it this way I don’t have much else to do while we wait when we are not spending time togther.

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
hi,
they just ask my hubby for (our activities since 2008) our application was refused initially and won on appeal.so i guess they want to see the communication between us since the original refusal letter.you never know what they will ask for,keep everything handy,though it sounds like you have everything covered.good luck.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
BeShoo said:
... but generally they are only supposed to look at evindence of how things were up to the date of the application.
When the applicant gets a letter telling him/her to come to an interview, the VO usually asks them to bring evidence of continuing contact since the application was filed. If it really is a marriage of convenience, the applicant and sponsor might think they don't have to bother creating more fake evidence once the application has been sent off, and so won't have anything after that date. The VOs therefore want to see evidence the applicant and sponsor have been continuing in their relationship from the date the application was filed up to the interview date.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say. I think you need to have a qualifying relationship both at the time you filed the application and continuing up until the final landing date (not that it should end then, of course). Legally, additional activities that happened after the application date have no direct bearing on the application. If you were not in a qualifying relationship on the application date, you shouldn't be able to make it qualify through later activities.

However, when there is come doubt as to the genuineness on the application date, sometimes they will accept later events as additional weight in favour of the genuineness, but they really aren't supposed to. That depends on personal judgement.

For example, if you have no will on the application date, and later made a will naming your spouse/partner beneficiary, that is not supposed to weigh into the decision. In fact, when such events take place before an appeal, they appear to be fabricated for the purposes of the appeal.

On the other hand, if your initial evidence was a bit shakey, additional evidence that the relationship hasn't collapsed after that is useful, and a borderline application can certainly be refused based on later evidence. Hmmm, I still not sure I clarified anything. Anyway, keep gathering evidence and if they should ask for it, you'll have it ready, but they are really supposed to judge based on things as they were at the application date. Additional evidence for the period up to the application date might be useful.

I

iarblue

Not every visa office is the same but i sent in plane tickets,photos,and other evidence half way through our process.I cant see it hurting to show your still comunicating and seeing eachother after a marriage.As it does ask you in the app have you or your spouse returned to visit after.Or continuing contact.
SO i guess its a personal choice it certainly wont hurt the app.Although when the IO gave her back all her things it was a huge pile and he just laughed as he was giving it to her.