+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone understand "OB 407-D triage - Case remains in residency queue. PC"

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
I am completely worried and unable to understand, what I got on my ATIP file.

"OB 407-D triage - Case remains in residency queue. PC"

My case has been delayed for ever already, as I have appeared in citizenship test already in August 2012, and nothing finalized as yet.

Does Anyone know, what does this mean? Please help.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_saviour said:

RQ triggers have changed progressively since Operational Bulletin 407 was instituted in May 2012. If I remember correctly, the first major revision (OB 407-B) was in late November 2012. These revisions refined the RQ triggers so that far fewer RQs were sent out. 407-C and D loosened things further.

The evolving RQ triggers created a disparity: Many applicants who applied in 2011 and 2012 got RQs that were no longer considered necessary and wouldn't be given to identical applicants from 2013 or 2014. So, since Nov (?) 2013, the CIC has been dredging through their massive inventory of RQ files and "retriaging" them according to the most recent RQ triggers to see if they still qualify for RQ. If not, these files will be returned to normal processing. The vast majority of RQ recipients who recently have gotten their Oaths (quite a few since spring 2014) were retriaged and found to no longer qualify for RQ. Except for a few people who hired lawyers and filed Writ of Mandamus (or started to) I have not heard of much movement for those still in the RQ line.

Unfortunately, yours is still in the RQ line.

I'm curious if they said anything else related to retriaging? Occasionally they will mention what specific trigger you were RQ-ed under. While A5 and C1 don't seem to be triggers anymore, I believe some version of A3, A4, and A7 may still be in effect. http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Eileen,

You seem to know more about RQ's than anybody else.

So if there is a note in ATIP saying: "OB 407-D triage. Residency concerns to be addressed at interview" - does it mean the case where the RQ is no longer necessary? I have just had my test a few days ago and was asked if I was unemployed during a specific period of time and if I travelled during this period. I confirmed both and wasn't questioned on anything else. According to my interviewer everything looked good on their end and the file would be forwarded to a CJ for approval. Thus I wonder if the said travel while unemployed was the initial RQ trigger and with the introduction of OB 407-D lost its relevance.

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks Eileenf for your detailed response. I submitted my RQ in September 2012, and since then no response. I got recently an update on submission of finger prints for my wife, which I did this week and now waiting for further response from CIC. One more thing that I have also noticed from the ATIP form is that though I cleared my test, but my wife failed and she has to be scheduled for the retest.

Could you/anybody could guide, what should I do further.

Or simply wait for whatever comes next, as I couldn't exactly get any clue on what "OB 407-D triage - Case remains in residency queue. PC" means.

Thanks for your help!

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
will 2014 applicant be also victim of retriag somehow to push their application to 2015-2016 and make them under Bill C24.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
will 2014 applicant be also victim of retriag somehow to push their application to 2015-2016 and make them under Bill C24.
Re-triage under OB 407-D has been good, not bad, for RQ recipients. It's not something victimizing them.

Regardless, the CIC will not change the receipt date of your citizenship application because of RQ, retriage or whatever.

If the CIC opened the envelope of your original citizenship application before the implementation of C24 and did not reject it as incomplete due to missing documents, then you will not be subject to C24 unless you withdraw your application and reapply after C24 implementation.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_saviour said:
I couldn't exactly get any clue on what "OB 407-D triage - Case remains in residency queue. PC" means.
Is this still the case? If so, please clarify your question since I really tried to explain the meaning of that line, as I understand it, in the previous post (with the exception of PC, which may be the initials of a CIC employee, but I don't know).

What to do is up to you. Your options:
1. Contact your MP
2. Contact a settlement agency in your community to discuss your case (for free)
3. Contact a lawyer to discuss your case (not free)
4. Order your & your wife's ATIP physical files (free under Privacy Act)
5. Wait

When did you take the test? I believe retests usually happen within a few months.

The finger print request for your wife is good news as it shows some action on her case, but ultimately things will be on hold for both of you until your RQ response is fully assessed by an officer.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorris said:
So if there is a note in ATIP saying: "OB 407-D triage. Residency concerns to be addressed at interview" - does it mean the case where the RQ is no longer necessary?
Yes (as I understand it). This is good news.
Lorris said:
Thus I wonder if the said travel while unemployed was the initial RQ trigger and with the introduction of OB 407-D lost its relevance.
It definitely seems that way.

Good luck.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
mr_saviour said:

My case has been delayed for ever already, as I have appeared in citizenship test already in August 2012, and nothing finalized as yet.

Does Anyone know, what does this mean? Please help.
If your patience has completely ran out, I would recommend you consult with a lawyer. not a consultant. use upper Canada law society, they have free referral service. or simply google, you will be able to net a few good citizenship lawyer's name mentioned in other forum. of course, it is not free, it will cost you a few thousand dollars. but it will work. for my case, it only took me 5 weeks from contacting a lawyer to take the oath. do some research and make sure finding a reputable lawyer, an incompetent lawyer will do more harm than good.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
This is what I am really concerned. You never know how bad and unbelievable CIC will do in future. They delay our case until the effect of new bill and then the minister give an order to let new bill apply for those cases, which does not require the approval process in the parliament. Just like what they did to those investment immigration applicants and skills immigration applicants a few years ago.

eileenf said:
Re-triage under OB 407-D has been good, not bad, for RQ recipients. It's not something victimizing them.

Regardless, the CIC will not change the receipt date of your citizenship application because of RQ, retriage or whatever.

If the CIC opened the envelope of your original citizenship application before the implementation of C24 and did not reject it as incomplete due to missing documents, then you will not be subject to C24 unless you withdraw your application and reapply after C24 implementation.

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for your responses and guidance.

1) Would it make sense to split files/cases of myself and wife to make processing of case faster in case her file gets stuck due to retest and finger prints processing?
2) What would happen to our kids cases in this case? Can we maintain them with both of us, if we split the files or we have to maintain with only one of us?

Appreciate your feedback.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_saviour said:
Thanks for your responses and guidance.

1) Would it make sense to split files/cases of myself and wife to make processing of case faster in case her file gets stuck due to retest and finger prints processing?
2) What would happen to our kids cases in this case? Can we maintain them with both of us, if we split the files or we have to maintain with only one of us?

Appreciate your feedback.
This Operational Bulletin discusses file splitting: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob529.asp
1. Due to your RQ (not hers?) remaining in the residency queue, you are probably the one slowing her down. As I understand it, if there is a residency concern for one member of a family application, file splitting is not allowed.
2. If you were able to split files, children would need to be put on one application or the other.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my AITP, the last note was 'OB 407-D Triage - RQ Required'. This was entered few months AFTER I sent RQ documents back. When they received the RQ, there was a note saying 'RQ received (issued by CPC) from client on xxxx.dd. along with the copies to be matched to the file'. Does this mean, my RQ was not reviewed or there will be additional RQ? Any thoughts?