+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Here's the response from Humber. I am not expecting them to be on Nov 3rd list. Most likely the next one.
-------

Humber response:

I hope you are safe and well.

Humber is still an approved DLI, however, there are currently two DLI lists:

1) The first list has been around for many years and Humber is on that list. It confirms that international students can study at Humber and that we offer Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligible programs. For more information, see: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
2) The new, second list relates to COVID-19 travel restrictions for international students coming to Canada. Humber is in the final stages of being approved by the government and we expect to be added to the list very soon. We have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Readiness Plan and are currently waiting for our provincial and federal Governments to approve the plan. We will notify all our new and returning students as soon as we are added to the approved list.

The Federal and Provincial governments have been very strict about institutions not discussing when we will appear on the list of DLIs with an approved COVID-19 Readiness Plan before we are on the list. We are very positive about our chance of appearing on the list within the next couple of weeks.

IRCC has indicated the following: “We’ll update this page as more DLIs are approved by their province or territory to reopen to international students who aren’t currently in Canada. If your DLI isn’t on the list yet, check back regularly to see if it’s been added.” https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/approved-dli.html

Stay safe.

Makabaka

Oct 22, 2020
Region of Waterloo Public Health has confirmed that an individual associated with the Conestoga - Doon Campus Child Care Centre recently tested positive for COVID-19. The individual is now self-isolating.

Yesterday ,the Conestoga Doon campus confirmed one case. Whether if Conestoga will not be approved for its Covid-19 readiness plan ?

tmahd

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Here's the response from Humber. I am not expecting them to be on Nov 3rd list. Most likely the next one.
-------

Humber response:

I hope you are safe and well.

Humber is still an approved DLI, however, there are currently two DLI lists:

1) The first list has been around for many years and Humber is on that list. It confirms that international students can study at Humber and that we offer Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligible programs. For more information, see: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
2) The new, second list relates to COVID-19 travel restrictions for international students coming to Canada. Humber is in the final stages of being approved by the government and we expect to be added to the list very soon. We have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Readiness Plan and are currently waiting for our provincial and federal Governments to approve the plan. We will notify all our new and returning students as soon as we are added to the approved list.

The Federal and Provincial governments have been very strict about institutions not discussing when we will appear on the list of DLIs with an approved COVID-19 Readiness Plan before we are on the list. We are very positive about our chance of appearing on the list within the next couple of weeks.

IRCC has indicated the following: “We’ll update this page as more DLIs are approved by their province or territory to reopen to international students who aren’t currently in Canada. If your DLI isn’t on the list yet, check back regularly to see if it’s been added.” https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/approved-dli.html

Stay safe.
They are not telling. Then how come other schools got to know before the list is out.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
They are not telling. Then how come other schools got to know before the list is out.
DLI know beforehand but are encouraged not to shoot out emails before list is published.

NahlaFadl

Oct 20, 2020
I got deferred to January but obtained my visa now. Can I enter the country in November 15th or do I need to wait till December?

NahlaFadl

Oct 20, 2020
Your school needs to give you a letter that supports your travel, you can't just go as you wish. Ask you school.
I got a letter of introduction form the Ircc to show at the Port and they only asked me to show my letter of admission and my quarantine plan. Anyways I will ask my school.. Thanks

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I got a letter of introduction form the Ircc to show at the Port and they only asked me to show my letter of admission and my quarantine plan. Anyways I will ask my school.. Thanks
The institutions do not HAVE to give you a letter of support. From 21st November, you DO HAVE TO upload a quarantine plan. Haven't tried it out yet but my daughter's plan is not amended from the one written in July and read as pdf form which hopefully will be the way to upload.

NahlaFadl

Oct 20, 2020
The institutions do not HAVE to give you a letter of support. From 21st November, you DO HAVE TO upload a quarantine plan. Haven't tried it out yet but my daughter's plan is not amended from the one written in July and read as pdf form which hopefully will be the way to upload.
Thanks! Yea I updated my quarantine plan on ArriveCan app and have a confirmation for the border officers. Hopefully things will go smoothly!

Reactions: janesama