+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone have advice with getting an LMO

canada93india91

Nov 27, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So my boyfriend has been applying for all LMO jobs in Canada for about a month now. I know that isn't along time but we are extremely eager for him to come here. I've searched and searched but I can only find LMO jobs on kijiji and indeed. He has a few years of experience working for his family business selling power tools to local businesses. He also has a Canadian commercial pilots licence but that's not really any help for an LMO. So does anyone have any advice or any other job search engines to use? Anything would be helpful. I'm in the Vancouver area but anywhere in Canada is fine! Also... is it easier if he was in Canada on a TRV?Thanks :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are no special web sites. He should just keep applying to jobs he's qualified for and hope he gets lucky (i.e. hope the employer is willing to do an LMO).

To obtain an approved LMO, an employer must prove that they could not find a Canadian to hire for the role. This is why most employers aren't interested in foreign candidates for open positions.

It is extremely difficult obtain LMOs for sales positions since there's no reason a Canadian couldn't be hired for this kind of role. If your boyfriend has any specialized skills or experience, he should focus on applying for jobs in this area. I would stay away from sales jobs.

canada93india91

Nov 27, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
There are no special web sites. He should just keep applying to jobs he's qualified for and hope he gets lucky (i.e. hope the employer is willing to do an LMO).

To obtain an approved LMO, an employer must prove that they could not find a Canadian to hire for the role. This is why most employers aren't interested in foreign candidates for open positions.

It is extremely difficult obtain LMOs for sales positions since there's no reason a Canadian couldn't be hired for this kind of role. If your boyfriend has any specialized skills or experience, he should focus on applying for jobs in this area. I would stay away from sales jobs.
Well I have seen a lot of jobs in Alberta in the restaurant/hospitality industry that have open/blank LMOs and require no experience but we have not had luck so far.