+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone apply for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment ? How the process work?

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Assume your name is on as a spouse. If you are separated he should stop talking to you. If she doesn’t have proof of longterm practice of Falun Gong then her case is likely very weak. Would personally make sure you file for divorce or legal separation if you haven’t done so already and you qualify.

OKanada

May 13, 2021
My name would have to be on the PRRA application as a spouse since we are still married. I don't want to divorce until the one year separation period is up. I have lots of reasons to believe she is getting bad advice and applying for PRRA instead of a spousal sponsorship based on this bad advice. She wanted a divorce asap actually. But there were no grounds, so she must have wanted to make up some story of cruelty or adultery for me to go along with. Nothing like that happened, so the only grounds left is one year separation.

Anyway, perhaps she will snap out if it and try to salvage our marriage. I'll wait and see.

So the question is , is she eligible for PRRA? It's one year since RAD decision.
But only a few months since the federal court decision.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My name would have to be on the PRRA application as a spouse since we are still married. I don't want to divorce until the one year separation period is up. I have lots of reasons to believe she is getting bad advice and applying for PRRA instead of a spousal sponsorship based on this bad advice. She wanted a divorce asap actually. But there were no grounds, so she must have wanted to make up some story of cruelty or adultery for me to go along with. Nothing like that happened, so the only grounds left is one year separation.

Anyway, perhaps she will snap out if it and try to salvage our marriage. I'll wait and see.

So the question is , is she eligible for PRRA? It's one year since RAD decision.
But only a few months since the federal court decision.
Immigration seems to be her main focus. You deserve more as a spouse so I’m not sure what you’re trying to salvage. She can attempt PPRA

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Immigration seems to be her main focus. You deserve more as a spouse so I’m not sure what you’re trying to salvage. She can attempt PPRA
To give you some context, before we got married she worked at massage parlors (basically the sex trade).
She vowed to stay away from that life after we were married and she did have a regular job at health spas. our marriage was difficult , mostly because of the language barrier. Otherwise the marriage was ok.
Unfortunately she got lured back to the massage parlors and this put a strain on our marriage since I wasn't happy about it.
So we separated.

Now I wonder if she entered into the marriage in good faith. Was it always a marriage of convenience ?
I can name many reasons to say yes.
On the other hand , was it a genuine marriage? Again, there are lots of reasons to think so.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt until the PRRA thing is decided. Seems about 3 months average time for a decision on these applications lately.
I believe she is brain washed by her massage parlor handlers.

We both deserve better. I think we are both victims of some bad People in one case?
Or its just my bad luck to meet her and get led down the rabbit hole.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To give you some context, before we got married she worked at massage parlors (basically the sex trade).
She vowed to stay away from that life after we were married and she did have a regular job at health spas. our marriage was difficult , mostly because of the language barrier. Otherwise the marriage was ok.
Unfortunately she got lured back to the massage parlors and this put a strain on our marriage since I wasn't happy about it.
So we separated.

Now I wonder if she entered into the marriage in good faith. Was it always a marriage of convenience ?
I can name many reasons to say yes.
On the other hand , was it a genuine marriage? Again, there are lots of reasons to think so.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt until the PRRA thing is decided. Seems about 3 months average time for a decision on these applications lately.
I believe she is brain washed by her massage parlor handlers.

We both deserve better. I think we are both victims of some bad People in one case?
Or its just my bad luck to meet her and get led down the rabbit hole.
You seem to want to “save“ her. It is pretty clear that her goal is immigration at any cost. How long did you date before you got married and how long have you been married? Did she apply for asylum before you started dating or got married? Had she already been denied? It is pretty difficult to be in a relationship without being able to communicate well. The beginning of a marriage should not just be just ok and as long as you are able to provide a home and at least the basics to be comfortable it is tough to understand how she would go back to the sex trade when you had already said you were not comfortable with it. If she was really prioritizing the relationship why would she not quit the massage parlour when you threatened to leave or actually left? Are the owners also Chinese? If so, she may be taking the advice of the owner trusting that another Chinese person would be giving her the best information and that another Chinese person would want to help her versus a Canadian of another origin or who hadn’t lived in China or who couldn’t speak Mandarin or Cantonese. It’s not an uncommon scenario. If this was a good marriage would you not speak to your spouse openly, want her to respect your relationship by not doing sex work given that her spouse is not comfortable with it, trust your spouse over your employer, etc. Everyone deserves a spouse who they can trust, puts them above their employer, respects them enough not to do sex work if their partner is not comfortable with their spouse doing sex work during their marriage. Trying to “save” each other or ”save” her is not usually a good foundation for a relationship.

Does she realize you could sponsor her for PR if you got back together?

OKanada

May 13, 2021
You seem to want to “save“ her. It is pretty clear that her goal is immigration at any cost. How long did you date before you got married and how long have you been married? Did she apply for asylum before you started dating or got married? Had she already been denied? It is pretty difficult to be in a relationship without being able to communicate well. The beginning of a marriage should not just be just ok and as long as you are able to provide a home and at least the basics to be comfortable it is tough to understand how she would go back to the sex trade when you had already said you were not comfortable with it. If she was really prioritizing the relationship why would she not quit the massage parlour when you threatened to leave or actually left? Are the owners also Chinese? If so, she may be taking the advice of the owner trusting that another Chinese person would be giving her the best information and that another Chinese person would want to help her versus a Canadian of another origin or who hadn’t lived in China or who couldn’t speak Mandarin or Cantonese. It’s not an uncommon scenario. If this was a good marriage would you not speak to your spouse openly, want her to respect your relationship by not doing sex work given that her spouse is not comfortable with it, trust your spouse over your employer, etc. Everyone deserves a spouse who they can trust, puts them above their employer, respects them enough not to do sex work if their partner is not comfortable with their spouse doing sex work during their marriage. Trying to “save” each other or ”save” her is not usually a good foundation for a relationship.

Does she realize you could sponsor her for PR if you got back together?
I have known her for around two years.
Last year we saw more of each other at her work and then my place often. I was supporting her during the pandemic really.
Last summer things changed.
She outright asked my price for a marriage of convenience. I told her that's a big deal and the market rate for that is tens of thousands. I was not serious about it though, so we didn't speak of it after that.
And then things changed again in the early fall. This time she asked to get married.
Definitely not a MOC thing, a real marriage. Our relationship was rocky because of her job though, so she decided against it later.

I didn't know at the time, but she had lost her RAD that summer and her case was in federal court for JR. So I suppose that's why the topic of marriage kept coming up after that.

We eventually got along well enough and she was eager to get married, so we went to Toronto to see the immigration lawyer and get the ball rolling on that.
One red flag though. I found myself alone with her massage parlor madam and she outright assured me she was good for the money. Huh? I guess she didn't get informed this was a real marriage!
So after that, I was always wary of my future wife. Even so we got married in December and she looked in my eyes and vowed to leave her past life behind. She knew that was the root of our difficulty while we were dating.

So our marriage was fine . I gave her a nice home and she wanted to get her driver's license, so I taught her to drive.
She tried to learn English, she had a regular job at the spa . But she complained she wasn't making enough money to send home. I asked her how much she needs and what it's for. She gave me all sorts of numbers, but in the short term 20 k is good. I was told it was to pay debts and her mother was being chased by debt collectors. It all sounded like I was being asked to put money in a black hole.
She wouldn't let me wire the money from my bank. She wanted to send it through a Chinese grocery in Toronto like she always did. I said forget it. Soon after that she wanted to work at the massage parlor again.

So she is hell bent on making money to send to China at all cost. I sacrificed my wife to her massage parlor ways and got nothing back. Except free appointments.
What a life.

So the marriage fell apart of course.
. It was on Shakey foundation for sure.
No trust, poor communication, culture difference. She always told me it was just her job and not worry about it.
Ya sure. I never got used to that notion.

After we separated, I called her lawyer.
He was delighted to know that we were married and PRRA application would buy four months to get the sponsorship thing in order. I told him she was angry at me, so I asked him to chat with her through his translator and explain the situation to her.
He agreed. So I know she knows sponsorship means PR for her.
She said to me she knows, but wasn't going to do it.

So here I am now.
I can only assume she is doing the PRRA application. I don't think she knows that's a 95 percent failure rate. I don't think she knows when she is called in for an interview to get the PRRA decision, she is likely going to be asked to buy a ticket back to China and leave within a few weeks. I think she has no idea how dire her situation is.

Maybe she doesn't care.
She may be homesick and just wants to make money before she's deported.

Nothing makes sense.
Why get married in the first place then?

Her Chinese handlers are the only people she trusts. I'm sure she has faith in them to get her status in Canada.
By the time she is sitting downtown with CBSA getting her PRRA decision, it will be too late. I feel sorry for her.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have known her for around two years.
Last year we saw more of each other at her work and then my place often. I was supporting her during the pandemic really.
Last summer things changed.
She outright asked my price for a marriage of convenience. I told her that's a big deal and the market rate for that is tens of thousands. I was not serious about it though, so we didn't speak of it after that.
And then things changed again in the early fall. This time she asked to get married.
Definitely not a MOC thing, a real marriage. Our relationship was rocky because of her job though, so she decided against it later.

I didn't know at the time, but she had lost her RAD that summer and her case was in federal court for JR. So I suppose that's why the topic of marriage kept coming up after that.

We eventually got along well enough and she was eager to get married, so we went to Toronto to see the immigration lawyer and get the ball rolling on that.
One red flag though. I found myself alone with her massage parlor madam and she outright assured me she was good for the money. Huh? I guess she didn't get informed this was a real marriage!
So after that, I was always wary of my future wife. Even so we got married in December and she looked in my eyes and vowed to leave her past life behind. She knew that was the root of our difficulty while we were dating.

So our marriage was fine . I gave her a nice home and she wanted to get her driver's license, so I taught her to drive.
She tried to learn English, she had a regular job at the spa . But she complained she wasn't making enough money to send home. I asked her how much she needs and what it's for. She gave me all sorts of numbers, but in the short term 20 k is good. I was told it was to pay debts and her mother was being chased by debt collectors. It all sounded like I was being asked to put money in a black hole.
She wouldn't let me wire the money from my bank. She wanted to send it through a Chinese grocery in Toronto like she always did. I said forget it. Soon after that she wanted to work at the massage parlor again.

So she is hell bent on making money to send to China at all cost. I sacrificed my wife to her massage parlor ways and got nothing back. Except free appointments.
What a life.

So the marriage fell apart of course.
. It was on Shakey foundation for sure.
No trust, poor communication, culture difference. She always told me it was just her job and not worry about it.
Ya sure. I never got used to that notion.

After we separated, I called her lawyer.
He was delighted to know that we were married and PRRA application would buy four months to get the sponsorship thing in order. I told him she was angry at me, so I asked him to chat with her through his translator and explain the situation to her.
He agreed. So I know she knows sponsorship means PR for her.
She said to me she knows, but wasn't going to do it.

So here I am now.
I can only assume she is doing the PRRA application. I don't think she knows that's a 95 percent failure rate. I don't think she knows when she is called in for an interview to get the PRRA decision, she is likely going to be asked to buy a ticket back to China and leave within a few weeks. I think she has no idea how dire her situation is.

Maybe she doesn't care.
She may be homesick and just wants to make money before she's deported.

Nothing makes sense.
Why get married in the first place then?

Her Chinese handlers are the only people she trusts. I'm sure she has faith in them to get her status in Canada.
By the time she is sitting downtown with CBSA getting her PRRA decision, it will be too late. I feel sorry for her.
Do you have any friends or family supporting you are telling you that you are very likely being used for both money and marriage. She knew that marrying a Canadian or PR would lead to getting PR but after you refused to give her 20k in cash, you started fighting and eventually separate I think she assumed you were never going to sponsor hero started to try and find other options like PPRA. I guarantee that if she is rejected by PPRA she will come back to you apologize, promise that she will quit the sex trade but she‘ll need you to sponsor her so you can be together forever. Would really suggest you don’t sponsor her because I hate To say this to you but I don’t think you were ever in a genuine marriage on her part. She actually approached you about the marriage of convenience after she had a.ready been denial asylum and been denied RAD so she had very few options left. When you didn’t run away after she suggested committing Immigration fraud and were actually doing things for her and spending time for her it sounds like she suggested getting married. How did she justify that you needed to get married right away?

You seem like a nice guy and may see the world with a glass half full. If you really like this woman and want to see if the marriage works (still think you should run away from this situation) I would tell her that you haven’t been together in a relationship very long for so you want to see how the relationship goes before committing to something as serious as sponsorship. If she has to leave Canada you are willing to do long distance or you could even look at living in China with her while you work on your relationship and date because you got married so quickly. Her answer will give you some idea about how much she wants to be with you versus immigration. I also would be very careful about her lawyer. Now that he knows you are married he may be already preparing the sponsorship even though you haven’t directed him to. Make sure you aren’t giving up personal information that could be used to fill out the sponsorship application.

There are other women out there. You deserve better than to be used for immigration. I’d really suggest stepping away from her a bit and focusing on yourself. What about volunteering, joining a club with other people who enjoy an activity that you do as well, etc. You seem to be very worried about this woman but she doesn’t seem to care about you. I don’t want to sound harsh but it doesn’t sound that she is thinking of you like you are thinking of her. Has she supported you through the pandemic like you supported her? Doesn’t have to be financially but does she do nice things for you, do activities that you enjoy, cook you a nice meal, etc.

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Do you have any friends or family supporting you are telling you that you are very likely being used for both money and marriage. She knew that marrying a Canadian or PR would lead to getting PR but after you refused to give her 20k in cash, you started fighting and eventually separate I think she assumed you were never going to sponsor hero started to try and find other options like PPRA. I guarantee that if she is rejected by PPRA she will come back to you apologize, promise that she will quit the sex trade but she‘ll need you to sponsor her so you can be together forever. Would really suggest you don’t sponsor her because I hate To say this to you but I don’t think you were ever in a genuine marriage on her part. She actually approached you about the marriage of convenience after she had a.ready been denial asylum and been denied RAD so she had very few options left. When you didn’t run away after she suggested committing Immigration fraud and were actually doing things for her and spending time for her it sounds like she suggested getting married. How did she justify that you needed to get married right away?

You seem like a nice guy and may see the world with a glass half full. If you really like this woman and want to see if the marriage works (still think you should run away from this situation) I would tell her that you haven’t been together in a relationship very long for so you want to see how the relationship goes before committing to something as serious as sponsorship. If she has to leave Canada you are willing to do long distance or you could even look at living in China with her while you work on your relationship and date because you got married so quickly. Her answer will give you some idea about how much she wants to be with you versus immigration. I also would be very careful about her lawyer. Now that he knows you are married he may be already preparing the sponsorship even though you haven’t directed him to. Make sure you aren’t giving up personal information that could be used to fill out the sponsorship application.

There are other women out there. You deserve better than to be used for immigration. I’d really suggest stepping away from her a bit and focusing on yourself. What about volunteering, joining a club with other people who enjoy an activity that you do as well, etc. You seem to be very worried about this woman but she doesn’t seem to care about you. I don’t want to sound harsh but it doesn’t sound that she is thinking of you like you are thinking of her. Has she supported you through the pandemic like you supported her? Doesn’t have to be financially but does she do nice things for you, do activities that you enjoy, cook you a nice meal, etc.
I don't talk to my family about this.
I'm embarrassed this is happening.
I just told my family she got deported to avoid talking about being in a marriage of dubious quality.
Some nearby family did meet her at our covid wedding, and she was adored and she loved them too. It's hard to admit the marriage wasn't real.

The lines of communication with my wife are open, but not used. I suppose that's to be used for future talk when things really go sour with her status in Canada after PRRA fails.

She never talked to me about her refugee case before marriage. I didn't know it was so precarious. I should have figured it out when she started insisting we get married.

I didn't get financially entangled after marriage. I knew that was going to be trouble. One time she talked about debts of 800 k back in china. That matches what she told CBSA at the border before she changed her mind and went the Falun Gong route instead.
Anyway,
She said she was looking for someone to help her with that. I said nobody is going to give you that! She said she was going to work at the massage parlor then.
I said she wouldn't live long enough to pay that! She said some others work there until they are sixty! So I gather she is serious about this debt, so I was never going to fund that endless nightmare debt.

She did do some support for me at first.
Not financial, never a penny there.
But some cooking. She was a good cook until she decided she wasn't and stopped that later in the marriage. So I did all the cooking and cleaning. More strain on the marriage.

This whole thing started in the darkest days of the pandemic, so I did get obsession with my bad marriage and trying to make sense of it. I had a lot of time to fret and get paranoid. No wonder the marriage broke apart at the seams!
I do move on with my life now.
I'm in the middle of starting a business and date a nice korean-canadian woman.
She's got no immigration drama going on and speaks English!
So far so good.

Now I wait for the other shoe to drop with my wife.
I believe you are right, she will be back apologising and I have to resist whatever spell she puts on me to get her way.
Hopefully I'll run away with my Korean GF and find happiness before I can get sucked back into this nightmare of a marriage!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't talk to my family about this.
I'm embarrassed this is happening.
I just told my family she got deported to avoid talking about being in a marriage of dubious quality.
Some nearby family did meet her at our covid wedding, and she was adored and she loved them too. It's hard to admit the marriage wasn't real.

The lines of communication with my wife are open, but not used. I suppose that's to be used for future talk when things really go sour with her status in Canada after PRRA fails.

She never talked to me about her refugee case before marriage. I didn't know it was so precarious. I should have figured it out when she started insisting we get married.

I didn't get financially entangled after marriage. I knew that was going to be trouble. One time she talked about debts of 800 k back in china. That matches what she told CBSA at the border before she changed her mind and went the Falun Gong route instead.
Anyway,
She said she was looking for someone to help her with that. I said nobody is going to give you that! She said she was going to work at the massage parlor then.
I said she wouldn't live long enough to pay that! She said some others work there until they are sixty! So I gather she is serious about this debt, so I was never going to fund that endless nightmare debt.

She did do some support for me at first.
Not financial, never a penny there.
But some cooking. She was a good cook until she decided she wasn't and stopped that later in the marriage. So I did all the cooking and cleaning. More strain on the marriage.

This whole thing started in the darkest days of the pandemic, so I did get obsession with my bad marriage and trying to make sense of it. I had a lot of time to fret and get paranoid. No wonder the marriage broke apart at the seams!
I do move on with my life now.
I'm in the middle of starting a business and date a nice korean-canadian woman.
She's got no immigration drama going on and speaks English!
So far so good.

Now I wait for the other shoe to drop with my wife.
I believe you are right, she will be back apologising and I have to resist whatever spell she puts on me to get her way.
Hopefully I'll run away with my Korean GF and find happiness before I can get sucked back into this nightmare of a marriage!
Stay strong. I would suggest applying for divorce as soon as you qualify. You are not the first person we have see try very hard to work on a marriage that has a lot of red flags. Unfortunately there is quite a lot of denial and shame involved when a person realizes that they have been used. I think it causes a lot of people to remain in the bad situation doubting their instincts and just hoping that their fairytale does come true in the end. I am glad to hear that you have moved on. Hopefully that will serve as a further push to make the divorce filings a priority.

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Stay strong. I would suggest applying for divorce as soon as you qualify. You are not the first person we have see try very hard to work on a marriage that has a lot of red flags. Unfortunately there is quite a lot of denial and shame involved when a person realizes that they have been used. I think it causes a lot of people to remain in the bad situation doubting their instincts and just hoping that their fairytale does come true in the end. I am glad to hear that you have moved on. Hopefully that will serve as a further push to make the divorce filings a priority.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Divorce is not fun, no matter what the situation. In my case, the only grounds for divorce is for one year separation next spring. I suppose I should ask her to sign the papers before she leaves Canada, so the divorce can proceed next year .
That should be an interesting conversation if she decides to talk to me.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks for the encouragement.
Divorce is not fun, no matter what the situation. In my case, the only grounds for divorce is for one year separation next spring. I suppose I should ask her to sign the papers before she leaves Canada, so the divorce can proceed next year .
That should be an interesting conversation if she decides to talk to me.
I would encourage you to do that ASAP
I got signed papers right one day before he left Canada forever, otherwise I would be in more struggle.
I have kids, for you must be easier but still paper work
I do not know how it works if there is just divorce order. In my case I have separation agreement and after I showed that agreement, judge guaranteed divorce

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010