+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone apply for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment ? How the process work?

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Does anyone apply for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment before?

How the process work?

What's the rate of approved ?

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
For which country??
such as India, Mexico, China

following the Claims (New System) by Country of Alleged Persecution – 2020 (January to December) on IRB website

Finalized in 2020
India : 276 Accepted, 540 rejected, 68 abandoned, 104 withdrawn& other ,988 total

Mexico : 757 Accepted, 1119 rejected, 94 abandoned, 354 withdrawn& other ,2324 total

China: 584 Accepted, 279 rejected, 22 abandoned, 39 withdrawn& other ,924 total

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
such as India, Mexico, China

following the Claims (New System) by Country of Alleged Persecution – 2020 (January to December) on IRB website

Finalized in 2020
India : 276 Accepted, 540 rejected, 68 abandoned, 104 withdrawn& other ,988 total

Mexico : 757 Accepted, 1119 rejected, 94 abandoned, 354 withdrawn& other ,2324 total

China: 584 Accepted, 279 rejected, 22 abandoned, 39 withdrawn& other ,924 total
The IRB site? I don't beleive that these were PRRA decisions made by the IRCC if they're being reported by the IRB

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
The IRB site? I don't beleive that these were PRRA decisions made by the IRCC if they're being reported by the IRB
I wish to know the rate of approved for PRRA .

canuck78 shares the opinion : Approval is very dependent on where you are from. The countries tend to have high approval rates for asylum

Depend on it , we had a lead as to where to get some clues via results on IRB website. The higher acceptedly in IRB ,the higher make it on PRRA perhaps

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

canuck78 shares the opinion : Approval is very dependent on where you are from. The countries tend to have high approval rates for asylum

Depend on it , we had a lead as to where to get some clues via results on IRB website. The higher acceptedly in IRB ,the higher make it on PRRA perhaps
Really depends on the actual risk of returning to your country. There are very few people who can't get approved for asylum but then qualify for PPRA. PPRA approval rates are quite low.

OKanada

May 13, 2021

Hi
I have read many places the approval rate is around 3 percent. It's really only faint hope and only buys time .
BTW
My wife lost her federal case in March.
The one year bar is up for her in August.
1 year from losing RAD decision.
So her removal order is in force until August , then she can qualify for PRRA.
Does anyone know if CBSA are actively enforcements of removal orders now? I wonder What are the chances my wife will make it to august?

Thanks

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Hi
I have read many places the approval rate is around 3 percent. It's really only faint hope and only buys time .
BTW
My wife lost her federal case in March.
The one year bar is up for her in August.
1 year from losing RAD decision.
So her removal order is in force until August , then she can qualify for PRRA.
Does anyone know if CBSA are actively enforcements of removal orders now? I wonder What are the chances my wife will make it to august?

Thanks
Hi

How did this work out for your wife?
She got an opportunity to apply for PRRA?

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Where is she from? Are you in the process of sponsorship?
She is from china.
The plan was to sponsor her, but unfortunately we are separated now.
PRRA is the only option.
Her refugee case was very weak as she changed her story at the airport and basically had no credibility from the IRB to RAD to JR.

I suppose now her case is still weak as she never presented any hard evidence Chinese authority was interested in her so called religion , Falun gong.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She is from china.
The plan was to sponsor her, but unfortunately we are separated now.
PRRA is the only option.
Her refugee case was very weak as she changed her story at the airport and basically had no credibility from the IRB to RAD to JR.

I suppose now her case is still weak as she never presented any hard evidence Chinese authority was interested in her so called religion , Falun gong.
Of she has provided a lot of proof of her long time involvement in Falun Gong yes PPRA would be an option but if she has a lot of evidence her asylum claim or appeal would have been approved. She can always try.

OKanada

May 13, 2021
Of she has provided a lot of proof of her long time involvement in Falun Gong yes PPRA would be an option but if she has a lot of evidence her asylum claim or appeal would have been approved. She can always try.
When she landed in Toronto her asylum story was running from debt collectors and then she changed her mind with the IRB and said Falun Gong reasons. Both stories were full of holes with practically no hard evidence to back any of it up.

Anyway, PRRA is only faint hope really.
Her legal aid lawyer stopped talking to me but he did say that's a four month delay in any deportation.

Sponsorship isn't going to happen.
But I wonder why my name has to be on the PRRA application? What do I have to do with it since I'm kept in the dark now ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When she landed in Toronto her asylum story was running from debt collectors and then she changed her mind with the IRB and said Falun Gong reasons. Both stories were full of holes with practically no hard evidence to back any of it up.

Anyway, PRRA is only faint hope really.
Her legal aid lawyer stopped talking to me but he did say that's a four month delay in any deportation.

Sponsorship isn't going to happen.
But I wonder why my name has to be on the PRRA application? What do I have to do with it since I'm kept in the dark now ?
Assume your name is on as a spouse. If you are separated he should stop talking to you. If she doesn’t have proof of longterm practice of Falun Gong then her case is likely very weak. Would personally make sure you file for divorce or legal separation if you haven’t done so already and you qualify.