+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Age matters? Need advice badly

jeroan88

Apr 30, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Don't interpret my post to mean that YOUR case will be the same. All I was saying was that I have reviewed many cases on CanLII (google it) and found that several that were rejected were due to a significant age difference, but that reason alone was not the cause of the rejection, just a contributing factor (in some cases a major factor, in other cases and secondary cause for the judge to reject the appeal).

There is no doubt that you have a long road ahead of you. Please understand that I am not trying to make you feel down, merely giving you my opinions based on the research I have done.

FS
I really appreciate all the infos u provided such a great help for me:) thank you!

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
Sorry not to be mean. I am not a visa officer but this case seems to be a big red flag. The fact that he is 60 and you are 27 put to side he has been married 3 times. You must with evidence prove this is a love marriage. If this is not then VO will know it. you must be honest. I see a longwait for you unfortunitely. Goodluck.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
jeroan, the advice you are getting is accurate. I am 30 years older than my wife and we got through so there is hope. I was divorced a short period prior to my new marriage. This is how we prepared
You need to know everything about hubby prior marriages, why they failed, what went wrong
Need to know everything about his life, childrens ages, grandkids etc
Where he works, what type of job, salary etc
how you will live when you move
finacial planning due to his age, will you provide for him when he retires which could be soon
If one or all of his kids approve, they need to write a letter stating that, if someone doesn't address why. In my case my daughter approved, son didn't so I addressed he was close to his mother, my daughter stated I was in a unhappy marriage in her letter and she supported my new marriage
Your family will also have really show why they would support you marrying someone so much older. The VO will assume that these letters may be to get you to CA so will need to state reasons outside of finacial. VO will wonder why they would support someone that they can't have grandkids with. My case, all of my wife's parents, brothers, aunts and uncles showed why they support.
We demonstrated 4 years of phone calls, western union, numerous flights to visit, you'll need lots of similiar evidence. If sparse you may have wait until he visits more and more proof.
IO will see his motives, gets to have a pretty young lady in his arm, someone to care for him in his old age, etc
They will certainly wonder what in it for you so you need to show all the reasons that you love him for who he is, not a visa provider.
Need to demonstrate clearly why age is not an issue for you or either family.
Provide proof of youthfull things you do together, for us it was parasailing, kayaking, dancing etc.
Why would you want to stay home and watch Gunsmoke reruns when you could be out partying with your friends, so explain why.
Just somethings to consider and the best of luck

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
People here giving their feedback about your case are right. It is a huge age gap, and you gotta proove it. Put urself in a officer's shoes and think what proofs will make them believe your relationship is genuine. Wait and gather as much proofs as possible before sending the application. You might end up with an interview if they are not satified with your proofs that your relationship is genuine. So take your time and gather the evidence..goodluck, and i would suggest you not to show too much that he is suporting you for everything ,if you are independant that would look better,if not its a RED FLAG for sure.

jeroan88

Apr 30, 2012
Thank you guys for sharing your great ideas I really appreciate it :)
canuck0469 said:
jeroan, the advice you are getting is accurate. I am 30 years older than my wife and we got through so there is hope. I was divorced a short period prior to my new marriage. This is how we prepared
You need to know everything about hubby prior marriages, why they failed, what went wrong
finacial planning due to his age, will you provide for him when he retires which could be soon
If one or all of his kids approve, they need to write a letter stating that, if someone doesn't address why. In my case my daughter approved, son didn't so I addressed he was close to his mother, my daughter stated I was in a unhappy marriage in her letter and she supported my new marriage
Your family will also have really show why they would support you marrying someone so much older. The VO will assume that these letters may be to get you to CA so will need to state reasons outside of finacial. VO will wonder why they would support someone that they can't have grandkids with. My case, all of my wife's parents, brothers, aunts and uncles showed why they support.
We demonstrated 4 years of phone calls, western union, numerous flights to visit, you'll need lots of similiar evidence. If sparse you may have wait until he visits more and more proof.
IO will see his motives, gets to have a pretty young lady in his arm, someone to care for him in his old age, etc
They will certainly wonder what in it for you so you need to show all the reasons that you love him for who he is, not a visa provider.
Provide proof of youthfull things you do together, for us it was parasailing, kayaking, dancing etc.
Why would you want to stay home and watch Gunsmoke reruns when you could be out partying with your friends, so explain why.
canuck0469 said:
thanks this is such a great help for me ..Is your wife a Filipina? Now I'm confuse on how to make my letter convincing to them :(

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
jeroan, my wife is Jamaican and we were rejected for a TRV twice but made it through without an interview. As I mentioned we had ample evidence of a long lasting relationship and you will need the same. Also shiny has a good point about support, the IO will believe he will retire very soon and without you working how will you both live. If you state he is independantly wealthy they may believe you're in it for the money so need to think it through very carefully

hopetoland

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2011
Why don't you guys live in the Philippines if it's a "true" marriage and save yourself the hazel of immigration. Please don't think everything is better here in Canada. High prices for everything, daily struggle.
If I would be an IO I would have my problems with this case, sorry

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
If it were me, even facing a tough case, I'd still try. I'd much rather live in Canada. Yes, it's expensive (for certain things), but overall it's a great country and a great place to raise kids...and hey, if you are making good money, it's not bad at all...

FS

anne_curtis

Apr 30, 2012
yeah, do not rush your application. 4 months of relationship before marriage and the huge age gap is a big red flag vor the immigration officer. as our friends here in the forum said, gather as much evidence to prove that your love/marriage is genuine. ask him to send you love letters/postcards where you can use as evidence. if he has the time and money ask him to visit you again so you'll have pictures together then you can send your application to case processing centre.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

anne_curtis

Apr 30, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Don't interpret my post to mean that YOUR case will be the same. All I was saying was that I have reviewed many cases on CanLII (google it) and found several that were rejected due to a significant age difference, but that reason alone was not the only cause of the rejection, just a contributing factor (in some cases a major factor, in other cases a secondary cause for the judge to reject the appeal).

There is no doubt that you have a long road ahead of you. Please understand that I am not trying to make you feel down, merely giving you my opinions based on the research I have done.

I agree that you should still go for it, but keep in mind that without a substantial amount of QUALITY evidence, it will make things more challenging, but NOT impossible.

I'm not going to say that your case is strong, or give you false hope...I will simply tell you my honest opinion. I know that you want to hear that everything will be fine, and I truly hope it will, but you should also consider what the VO will be thinking when your application crosses his/her desk. That's why I said you should review cases on CanLII to see where others in a similar situation to yours, went wrong.

You can do this, just be extremely well prepared.

FS
very well said, you need quality evidence/s to prove that your love/marriage is genuine.
every case is different so we might not know what will happen. just pray and do your best to prove your relationship.

Mar 3, 2012
Fencesitter said:
I strongly suggest for you to do some research on CanLII to review similar cases to yours.
I never thought about checking CanLII during our waiting! (*) Now in Hodgson c. Canada (Citoyenneté et Immigration), 2010 CanLII 93585 (CISR), we can read this: In a genuine marriage, it is highly unlikely that the precariousness of their being together would have gone without serious discussion and planning. I don't know but I feel like this happens a lot of time. Am I wrong ? I've always felt that because the way CIC would inevitably refuse to give any visa to a visitor the moment they feel and/or think this person is in a relationship with a Canadian, a lot of people get married just for the sake of living together and seing how it goes.

(*) Good thing by the way. I think I would have been under anxiety attacks every ___________ day ! :-\