+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a single applicant can get a good score for EE?

sparrow

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012 Sponsorship Approval: Aug 14, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 27, 2012 Passport Sent: Dec 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 30 ,2013
LANDED..........
soon
Hi guys,

I just wanna ask if a single applicant can get a good score for EE w/o job offer or Province Nomination? Does a married applicant will get higher score score coz of combined points from both spouses? I'm confused please clarify. Thank you.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
sparrow said:
Hi guys,

I just wanna ask if a single applicant can get a good score for EE w/o job offer or Province Nomination? Does a married applicant will get higher score score coz of combined points from both spouses? I'm confused please clarify. Thank you.
Yes of course you can, just not as high as someone with an LMIA-supported job offer or Provincial Nomination.

When applying with a spouse 40 points from the base 600 are allocated to them while the remaining 560 points are based on the principal applicant.

You don't gain any additional points, there is still the 600 point ceiling, but if I remember correctly there are a couple of situations where your overall score might be slightly better with a spouse than without, but that would be if they have a very high level of education, language test scores etc. In general cases where the principal applicant is more qualified with better language scores etc, then you usually stand to have a slightly lower score overall than if you were a single applicant.