+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a COPR holder have to do the landing procedure on their 1st entry?

drimdrimler

Jun 10, 2019
My wife has her COPR in hand. We would like to come to Canada to purchase a house, then return to her home country to settle things here before returning to Canada permanently. Can she enter and leave without doing the landing process and then do the full entry when we return? We won't be in country long enough for her to receive her PR card, and if we can avoid her having to do a PRTD that would be preferred.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife has her COPR in hand. We would like to come to Canada to purchase a house, then return to her home country to settle things here before returning to Canada permanently. Can she enter and leave without doing the landing process and then do the full entry when we return? We won't be in country long enough for her to receive her PR card, and if we can avoid her having to do a PRTD that would be preferred.
Yes - she can do that. Make sure she has a valid eTA.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just make sure she returns within the validity of the COPR . Given life often throws up the unexpected and quite often proves to be best to land and put up with the inconvenience of a PRTD given PR is then all done and pressure is off. Your choice of course but if were me it would seem a small inconvenience

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I am assuming you both are immigrating to Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please ignore the following lines. I would say it's not the best idea. If you are buying your house before getting your PR status, you will pay more in taxes; at least, that's what someone told me when I was about to buy a house as a temporary resident. I insist you to do your research.