+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a Canadian immigration medical exam include drug testing?

simple23

Oct 23, 2011
im applying for permanent resident atm so I would like to know if they include drug testing for it? because I reallly don't want my
application to be denied just because im smoking pot daily nothing else...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

simple23 said:
im applying for permanent resident atm so I would like to know if they include drug testing for it? because I reallly don't want my
application to be denied just because im smoking pot daily nothing else...
No, it doesn't but they do ask the question.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
What I remember is...the doctor asked me if I was taking any drugs, used drugs and/or alcohol recreationally, and if I could be pregnant. He also asked about my medical history.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband was asked if he had done any drugs in the past and if he did any now.

kattylopez12

Oct 26, 2011
I'm so surprised that Canadian immigration medical exam doesn't include drug testing because all Immigration Medical Exams require an extensive test for drugs, no matter what country.

A

amirchov

I'm surprised that in the entire immigration process I was never asked "WHY I want to immigrate to Canada"? What attracts me in living here? How do I see myself integrating with the Canadian culture?

If they only asked this ahead of starting the whole immigration process, it would weed out all the leeches and exploiters (or at least some of them)...

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
amirchov said:
I'm surprised that in the entire immigration process I was never asked "WHY I want to immigrate to Canada"? What attracts me in living here? How do I see myself integrating with the Canadian culture?

If they only asked this ahead of starting the whole immigration process, it would weed out all the leeches and exploiters (or at least some of them)...
CIC assumes it is because Canada's cold winters and high taxes are inherently attractive to all other peoples, so no need to ask the why they want to come to Canada.

I admire your positive thinking, that a fraudster would answer the question truthfully, and thus disqualify himself from getting a visa.

A

amirchov

toby said:
CIC assumes it is because Canada's cold winters and high taxes are inherently attractive to all other peoples, so no need to ask the why they want to come to Canada.

I admire your positive thinking, that a fraudster would answer the question truthfully, and thus disqualify himself from getting a visa.
:)
As Einstein said "It's all relative!" - the winter and the high taxes are nothing compare to what people have to endure in other countries.