+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents with Citizenship Application

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,,,,
I need help please to answer some questions as I am helping my brother`s family to fill there application
1- Do we have to send copies of all passports ( all pages cover to cover) or just first page ( biographical page )!. also including kids passports
2- Do we have to send all 4 years school reports ( each year 3 report cards) along with kids application
3- Do we have to send along with passports the official translated stamps
4- Do we have to send bank & visa account statements for the last 4 years
I am preparing 6 applications ( my brother`s wife and her 5 kids) , so far I did weight the papers and its around 4.6 kg :) for the whole family . I did the same when I applied for citizenship for my family 5 years ago and had sent everything with the application but looking now at the document checklist i feel I am exaggerating to send all of this stack of documents proofing there presence in Canada.
Please help me as I don`t want to cause any misrepresentation to my brothers family

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Why don't you follow the cic website under citizenship grant and give only the documents as per the checklist. Nobody asked visa and bank details. That's a pure lackadaisical thoughts my friend.

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
I would follow the checklist and only include what they ask for.
  • For the bank statements etc - I am assuming that this is proof of address? I would just send one or two from each year (e.g. June and December) to show that there was presence that year.
  • Passports - from recall, there is no need to include full copies of passports for a citizenship application, only biographical information. The physical presence calculator printout shows your travel and you can include supplemental information, if required (I did) on a separate sheet of paper
  • Again, for school reports, one per child per year should be ok to prove they were in the country that year. I would choose the end of year report for that if possible

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
While it's well worth getting as much documentation as possible, should it ever be requested, you do NOT want to submit more than the IRCC ask as such a thing is more likely to delay your application.

Here's the adult checklist for example: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0007e-2.pdf
You do not need, for example, banking statements nor proof of address.

For the minors as well, you don't even need proof of English if under 18 ...
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0008e-2.pdf

Make sure you double check everything is filled in and completed and that you do all the required on the photos. Including printing the name of the person on the back and check the photo place has put the studio address and date on there (pretty standard).