+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOCUMENTS TRANSLATION

vcgarcia

Mar 10, 2016
Hello dear friends:

Me and my husband are almost ready to send the forms, we only have to do the translations.

Q: the documents that is not in English, can translate a person who is fluent boths languages, and/or person authorized by the CIC?

It's that true? It is what I understand from the CIC website.

"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

Outside of Canada:

a notary public"

SOURCE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Thanks,

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
yes I believe so!

I did translated documents from a translator and the translator had to go to the notary and he had to sign that he is a certified translator.
I did this in Canada.

TorontoFox

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 24, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jun 8, 2016
Nomination.....
OWP RECEIVED APRIL 29TH 2016
AOR Received.
Jun 29, 2016
Med's Request
Aug 9, 2016
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2016
Interview........
Oct 4, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2016
vcgarcia said:
Hello dear friends:

Me and my husband are almost ready to send the forms, we only have to do the translations.

Q: the documents that is not in English, can translate a person who is fluent boths languages, and/or person authorized by the CIC?

It's that true? It is what I understand from the CIC website.

"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

Outside of Canada:

a notary public"

SOURCE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Thanks,

My husband is from Germany, he went to an official translator, they should have a stamp which declares the validity of the translation.
her stamp had something like

"translated by an official translator appointed by the state of Baden-Wurtemburg" that counts as an affidavit. she stamped and signed and put these funny staples in it.

Just find someone who does official translation - you need A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR.