+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to visit my Fiance in canada

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
If your boyfriends family is paying your way to Canada, a visa officer will also assume that they will pay for your expenses if you overstay.

You should still apply, but you have a weak profile and need to overcome potential objections.
Ok thank you so much.
I will provide my employment letter which state that i was granted vacation and have to return and a reservation airticket to show that intent to return. I will also provide my birth certificate to show i have parents here in case

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Hi can anyone advise if my bf and his sister that live in the same province nova scotia to write both a letter to support that they will cover my accomodations, food and airticket. My bf is on work permit and his sister on student but she works. They want to say that they are my childhood friends. Will it help considering that i can show only CAD 4600 in my bank.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi can anyone advise if my bf and his sister that live in the same province nova scotia to write both a letter to support that they will cover my accomodations, food and airticket. My bf is on work permit and his sister on student but she works. They want to say that they are my childhood friends. Will it help considering that i can show only CAD 4600 in my bank.
Are they lying when they say they are your childhood friends?

You need to be honest. And then you need to apply and see if you get accepted.

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Are they lying when they say they are your childhood friends?

You need to be honest. And then you need to apply and see if you get accepted.
Well i know them both since long.
If need I can say that 1 is my boyfriend and the other is my childhood friend like sister.
But can i get a letter from both of them? They will both support and pay for my airticket as my funds are not that much.

Mart_Can

Dec 23, 2019
Hi guys,
Please, would it be wrong to state truly, one's going to visit fiancee for a month who is canadian citizen, even if host's taking care of travel and living expenses, with proof of support say 12000CAD, and guest still made reserved 2000USD for the trip, to n fro tickets v been paid for, being a masters degree student in another country as at time of application, and have a letter from the university being aware of the travel destination and itenary, as a confirmation of return ...of course must finish Msc degree program ...is the immOfficer likely to reject visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
Please, would it be wrong to state truly, one's going to visit fiancee for a month who is canadian citizen, even if host's taking care of travel and living expenses, with proof of support say 12000CAD, and guest still made reserved 2000USD for the trip, to n fro tickets v been paid for, being a masters degree student in another country as at time of application, and have a letter from the university being aware of the travel destination and itenary, as a confirmation of return ...of course must finish Msc degree program ...is the immOfficer likely to reject visa?
Hard to say if you will be approved or refused.

If you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK and US, this will work in your favour.

The fact your host is funding your trip will likely work against you. IRCC wants to see that you have enough funds to pay for the entire trip on your own. $2K is not enough to cover the full trip.

One month is on the longer side. You would be better off asking for 2-3 weeks.

Make sure you include a letter from your school confirming your enrollment and provide evidence that you have already paid your tuition for the next semester.

Don't buy the plane tickets until after the visa has been approved.

Reactions: Mart_Can

Mart_Can

Dec 23, 2019
Hard to say if you will be approved or refused.

If you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK and US, this will work in your favour.

The fact your host is funding your trip will likely work against you. IRCC wants to see that you have enough funds to pay for the entire trip on your own. $2K is not enough to cover the full trip.

One month is on the longer side. You would be better off asking for 2-3 weeks.

Make sure you include a letter from your school confirming your enrollment and provide evidence that you have already paid your tuition for the next semester.

Don't buy the plane tickets until after the visa has been approved.
But in the part supporting documents, Purpose of travel states "You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment."

Mart_Can

Dec 23, 2019
How about a format like this?
Please critisize and make necessary suggestions.
The Embassy of Canada to [Country]

[Address]

[Telephone]

[Date]

Subject: Invitation letter for [Name of guest]

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is [host], born on [DOB], living at “[Address of host]”, with telephone number [host telephone], a/an [host employment], and a [host status].

With this letter I am inviting [Full names of guest], with passport number [guest passport number] born on [guest DOB], and currently living in “[guest address]”, with telephone number [guest telephone]. He/She is my “fiancé(e)”, and will be visiting me in connection with our marriage.

He/She will be coming from “[arrival date - return date], and will be staying at my home [address of host], and I will be taking care of his/her living expenses, throughout his/her stay. He will be leaving Canada on [return date].

Below is attached, a copy of document proving [host] status in Canada.

[concluding polite sentence].

Sincerely, and the likes

[name of host].

Email:[******]

* Please give a clue on client information

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But in the part supporting documents, Purpose of travel states "You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment."
Provide your planned itinerary for the flight. Don't actually buy the ticket.

Reactions: Mart_Can