+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to visit my Fiance in canada

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Hi,
I am applying for a Visitor Visa for Canada from Mauritius for 1 month
I wish to know what documents can I provide to maximise my chance of getting the visa.
Here are my points:
1.my fiance has a work permit in Canada and i wish to visit him. He will provide me with a invitation letter. Should we mention fiance to be honest? He shall pay for my airticket and accomodation.
2. I currently work in a bank for 4 years and i have my employment letter with vacation dates of when i will resume work duties.
3. I dont have any properties under my name. Can send a copy of my parents properties?
4. I have my bank statements and can show funds of CAD 4600.
5. I have my national Identity card ans birth certicate.
6. I have never travelled.

Will that be ok?This is the only ties i have for my home country.
Please kind advise urgently.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
1. If he is paying you don’t have a choice but to declare the relationship to explain why he will spend so much on you. Also include his bank statements as proof of financials.

2. Make sure you get an employment letter and detail if you have a job function that is vital that you need to go back.

3. No

4. Pretty low for someone who has been employed for 4 years. Your financials will need to show you can afford your trip on your own even if your fiancee says he will cover the costs. His financials are only secondary.

5. Okay, good for ID

6. Not good but you can’t do much about that unless you can visit Australia, USA, the UK or Schengen area before you apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanyakim12

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your replies.
How much funds should i present for the visa. Its only for 1 month.
Can i present my credit card statement to show that i have additional funds.
Is it necessary that i had travelled?
By revealing the status of fiance will it increase chance of reject for the visa?
Note that he has his appartment so not much will be spent on accomodations.
Please advise.

Last edited:

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi,

Thank you for your replies.
How much funds should i present for the visa. Its only for 1 month.
Can i present my credit card statement to show that i have additional funds.
Is it necessary that i had travelled?
By revealing the status of fiance will it increase chance of reject for the visa?
Note that he has his appartment so not much will be spent on accomodations.
Please advise.
Well, it's a bit complicated with the funds. There have been reports that you need to show 1000 per week PLUS enough money for airfare PLUS enough money will be left over after you've spent your travel money because it does not make sense to zero out an account for a visit when there are other places you can visit at a cheaper cost. ALSO NOTE, and this is important, your funds in your bank MUST BE TRACED to your employment or else IRCC will know someone just put money in for the sake of the visa application.

Credit cards - not sure, why would anyone go into debt for a trip though?

Travel is important - it shows you have complied with immigration rules for other countries who have strict visa requirements but it is not unheard of for people to be approved even if they have not travelled yet (I am one of them when I applied for a TRV before becoming PR)

Your relationship with your fiancee may negatively impact your application because it shows ties to Canada, but then again, I was approved and my spouse was here BUT I had strong ties in my home country too.

You can write a cover letter about not needing to spend on accommodations.

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Ok thanks.
Well we shall split the cost.
I shall go by what you say and make a good covering letter.
The issue is that i dont have any strong ties to my country except for the emplyment.
Should i rather state that i shall reside at a friend or boyfriend instead of using the term fiancee.?
I have a credit card and i dont know if i can add this as a further finance support.
I do hope that the visa get approved. I am trying to collect max information and documents that may help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok thanks.
Well we shall split the cost.
I shall go by what you say and make a good covering letter.
The issue is that i dont have any strong ties to my country except for the emplyment.
Should i rather state that i shall reside at a friend or boyfriend instead of using the term fiancee.?
I have a credit card and i dont know if i can add this as a further finance support.
I do hope that the visa get approved. I am trying to collect max information and documents that may help.
Your chances of approval are relatively low. Make sure you don’t book any flights until you hear about your visa.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Hello Tanyakim,
It is very important that you get a letter from your company stating when you were employed and that you leaves are approved + when you will be back in your post. Your invitation letter, your fiancee (better if he says he is your friend or if he has a friend who is a girl (Mauritian) to give the invitation letter). The invitation letter should state that you are going there especially for holidays and he/she(if he can get a girl to issue it) will ensure you return back to Mauritius after your holidays.

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Hello Tanyakim,
It is very important that you get a letter from your company stating when you were employed and that you leaves are approved + when you will be back in your post. Your invitation letter, your fiancee (better if he says he is your friend or if he has a friend who is a girl (Mauritian) to give the invitation letter). The invitation letter should state that you are going there especially for holidays and he/she(if he can get a girl to issue it) will ensure you return back to Mauritius after your holidays.
Hi dodogirl,
Thanks for your replies.
Can i make two letters? He has a sister in canada too. They both wish to do a letter. Maybe its better i say that he is a friend and that they both will cover accomodations and foods.
His sister is studying there. Should i provide proof of residence too? Or their bank statements for both?
Can i prebook a ticket just to show my intention of leaving and returning to my country and the dates?

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
In this case, I think it is better that the sister issue the invitation letter. Don't submit two letters it might complicate things. Pm me.

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
Can i ask a friend to gift me funds if my statement of CAD 4600 isnt enough to support my finance?
My bf mother for example.
What document should she provide or notorized?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
These are all proof of ties in Canada. While they will provide proof of support, they may weigh against an application for TRV because they could be read to be statements of support that would exist for an overstay. Obviously, if he cannot pay for his own trip, how he will afford it must be explained.

Tanyakim12

Apr 30, 2019
These are all proof of ties in Canada. While they will provide proof of support, they may weigh against an application for TRV because they could be read to be statements of support that would exist for an overstay. Obviously, if he cannot pay for his own trip, how he will afford it must be explained.
Hi k.h.p
I didnt understand. Ties to canada if my bf mother will gift me funds? What trop he cannot pay? My bf will pay for my trip to canada.. Please clarify.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If your boyfriends family is paying your way to Canada, a visa officer will also assume that they will pay for your expenses if you overstay.

You should still apply, but you have a weak profile and need to overcome potential objections.