+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to take to the Test/Interview for a Home maker ?

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

My wife has got the AOR and now waiting for the test/interview. She is a single applicant as me and my daughter are already Canadian citizens. I was just wondering what documents she should take with her for the interview? She is a home maker and has never worked in Canada. She is filing her taxes regularly every year. Apart from tax docs, what other documents will be helpful ??

Your helpful suggestions will be much appreciated.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

My wife has got the AOR and now waiting for the test/interview. She is a single applicant as me and my daughter are already Canadian citizens. I was just wondering what documents she should take with her for the interview? She is a home maker and has never worked in Canada. She is filing her taxes regularly every year. Apart from tax docs, what other documents will be helpful ??

The test invite will list the documents you need to bring - COPR, PR card, all passports covering eligibility period, translations for any stamps on passport not in English/French, ID proof (DL, Healthcard), original of the proof of English (I used the copy of IELTS used for PR, so I didn't have my original).
Other than these, I also had my US border crossing history as I travel frequently.
Of all the documents I took with me only passport, DL and US travel history was useful. The case officer did not look at anything else.

Reactions: shahmad and scorph

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Hi everyone,

Filled & signed green paper (they give you there at the time of test)
PR card
COPR
OHIP
Marriage certificate
Nexus card - if you have one
Language proficiency proof
Passports : for the eligibility period

During interview : be prepared to answer simple questions about family, what you do at home diring the day etc ., and speak fluently.