+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to bring for citizenship test

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hello,

it's mentionned on the letter I received for my citizen exam:
It is also your responsibility to bring with you photocopies of your passports and any travel documents in your possession (current and expired) etc. as indicated on your Notice to Appear.

When I initially submitted my application, I did attach a copy of my passport. Do i need to make another copy again or original is enough?
Also do I need to print boarding pass for all travel that I made ?

I am bringing with me:
-Confirmation of test
-Proove of landing
-Passport
-PR Card
-Health Card
-Diploma for proof of language
-Letter of employment plus last payslip.

Any other documents you guys think is important to bring with ?

Thanks,

Ali

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
alissone007 said:
Hello,

it's mentionned on the letter I received for my citizen exam:
It is also your responsibility to bring with you photocopies of your passports and any travel documents in your possession (current and expired) etc. as indicated on your Notice to Appear.

When I initially submitted my application, I did attach a copy of my passport. Do i need to make another copy again or original is enough?
Also do I need to print boarding pass for all travel that I made ?

I am bringing with me:
-Confirmation of test
-Proove of landing
-Passport
-PR Card
-Health Card
-Diploma for proof of language
-Letter of employment plus last payslip.

Any other documents you guys think is important to bring with ?

Thanks,

Ali
Technically speaking, you don't need even the employment letter. Just the 2 pieces of ID, the PR card, the landing confirmation and the passports. No even copy of those.
But, consider that your Officer, for any reason, wants copies of the stamps in your passport. If you have them with you, you are going to be OK. If you don't, you will be issued a RQ.

I brought with me an infinitude of documents and copies of them. But at the end the Officer didn't request any of them. Just the ones I mentioned. But then again, mine was a very simple case, with very few trips and way more residence days than the minimum required.