+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to be uploaded.

Devdutta Mohokar

Nov 30, 2019
Hi All,
Was uploading documents after receiving the ITA. Was not understanding why is it asked to upload PCC twice?
Is the same PCC to be uploaded for both?
Thanks and Regards.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Its hard to answer your question without additional details.
Have you spent time (over six months) in two different countries since you were 18 years of age?
If yes, then you'll need to submit PCC's for each of those countries.

Devdutta Mohokar

Nov 30, 2019
Hi Skape,
Yes I was studying for an year in UK and have understood that I have to give my PCC from them. However, I have been trying to apply for it but it's being declined everytime. What's the best I can do?
Can you please explain.

Thank you!

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Not submitting a PCC is one of the top reasons for IRCC rejecting a PR application as 'incomplete'. There are practically no exceptions that I know of (except perhaps Saudi Arabia which does not grant PCC's to any former residents after they move back to their home countries).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-kingdom.html
Use the Premium Service (UKP 95/ 4 working days + mailing time) and pray that you receive your PCC before your e-APR deadline.

As a last resort, if you do not receive it in time, submit the receipt of your PCC application with your e-APR and include a letter of explanation stating all the efforts you made to obtain your PCC before the deadline (include application date, acknowledgement / receipt, any email correspondence, etc...and state that you will submit the PCC immediately after you receive it). In this case, there is still a very high risk that your application will be declined (since IRCC states on its website that it makes exceptions in 'very rare cases'), but its still your best shot. The outcome completely depends on the discretion of the assessing officer. Good luck!

Reactions: Twee