+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to be submitted post ITA - ECA related

gaurav225

Dec 11, 2017
Hi,
I have claimed pts for my wife's education (3 years masters) which is 10pts. However I don't have the second year marksheet. I will upload the ECA report, Degree and Transcript, first and third year marksheets. Can I upload the scanned copy of photocopy of the second year marksheet and give a letter of explanation mentioning that I have lost my marksheet?. Can this lead to rejection of my case or should I go ahead with the application? pls guide.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi,
I have claimed pts for my wife's education (3 years masters) which is 10pts. However I don't have the second year marksheet. I will upload the ECA report, Degree and Transcript, first and third year marksheets. Can I upload the scanned copy of photocopy of the second year marksheet and give a letter of explanation mentioning that I have lost my marksheet?. Can this lead to rejection of my case or should I go ahead with the application? pls guide.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav
i have never been through this before but your question drew my attention ! i would wish to say put your self in their shoes ? i mean put your self in the assessment position would you accept it ?
from my humble prospective, don't fix a problem with another one !
most probably you will need to re-order your papers in order to submit a complete application

gaurav225

Dec 11, 2017
thanks buddy, though I am of the opinion that if WES report is done, why should CIC officers object. Degree and Marksheets should be just the supporting documents. I am not keen to wait, as getting the 2nd year marksheet would delay my process by 2months.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
thanks buddy, though I am of the opinion that if WES report is done, why should CIC officers object. Degree and Marksheets should be just the supporting documents. I am not keen to wait, as getting the 2nd year marksheet would delay my process by 2months.
You have agood point of view actually, but supporting docs is your part so make sure to complete it for your sake further more lead time could become longer than you think; one senario you should consider when balancing probabilities is as follos:
-you submit the application as it is
-they review it and revert back with rejection lets say this review takes a month
- then you should place your copy re- order this might take a month too
- once again you are going under review with the new docs. It should be the same time frame
At the end of the day you won't fast track any of the process , but in state of fact getting behind the required time
This is just me thinking if i were you, just think about it and follow your instinct

One win win situation you might be intrested in is submit the documents you have and arrange to order the missing docs at the same time, this way you avoid the " what if i " maze meaning if your case was okay then bingo and if not you already placed your order to recover missing papers
Good luck

Last edited:

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav
The only required documents for the Education proof are the WES assessment and a copy of the Degree. As you've stated, the others are just supporting documents (and are probably completely unnecessary, to be honest; IRCC representatives probably aren't even trained to read and interpret marksheets since they don't require them). I strongly doubt IRCC would reject your application for not uploading an unnecessary document; I wouldn't recommend delaying your application over something like this - I don't even think an LOE is necessary in this case.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
take a look on this thread somebody was reject in the past and missed his ITA for not uploading the complete proof of education ( though it is not necessarily a rule)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection.306713/

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
@Bacelor I think you're referring to this post? Their application got rejected cancelled due to incomplete application because they only uploaded the ECA without degree copy.
EE application requires copies of ECA and degree (certificate). Transcripts/marksheets are not a requirement for this step and if you have them it doesn't hurt to provide additional info. I uploaded ECA and the front and back of my degree certificate. Got 2 ADRs so far and none were education related; waiting on IP2.

Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca
Proof of studies - Document requirements
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.

Last edited:

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
@Bacelor I think you're referring to this post? Their application got rejected cancelled due to incomplete application because they only uploaded the ECA without degree copy.
EE application requires copies of ECA and degree (certificate). Transcripts/marksheets are not a requirement for this step and if you have them it doesn't hurt to provide additional info. I uploaded ECA and the front and back of my degree certificate. Got ADR for Schedule A & waiting on IP2.

Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca
There was another post titled " common reasons for rejection" or similar where in they said that you need to submit
1. ECA Number
2. ECA report
3. Degrees
4. Transcripts.
It was said that people got rejected based on these.
Upload transcripts if you have them to be on safe side.
I only have of master's .. not of bachelor's..
Would mark sheets be okay ? Any ideas ?

RWDJ

gaurav225

Dec 11, 2017
The only required documents for the Education proof are the WES assessment and a copy of the Degree. As you've stated, the others are just supporting documents (and are probably completely unnecessary, to be honest; IRCC representatives probably aren't even trained to read and interpret marksheets since they don't require them). I strongly doubt IRCC would reject your application for not uploading an unnecessary document; I wouldn't recommend delaying your application over something like this - I don't even think an LOE is necessary in this case.
Thanks very much. Gives the clarity

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hi,
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav
Hi, my application has a separate place to upload education transcripts. Wonder if this is a new thing? What did you end up doing?

Feb 18, 2019
There was another post titled " common reasons for rejection" or similar where in they said that you need to submit
1. ECA Number
2. ECA report
3. Degrees
4. Transcripts.
It was said that people got rejected based on these.
Upload transcripts if you have them to be on safe side.
I only have of master's .. not of bachelor's..
Would mark sheets be okay ? Any ideas ?

RWDJ
Did you receive your PR?