+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Requirement For PR App.. CEC --- need help

amarss1984

Aug 14, 2017
Hello,

I am really confused what document should I produce for the following questions:

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

2. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)

3. Proof of sibling relationship (required)

4. Family Member Proof of Status (required)

When I read the detail inside those question it ask the same information.

Note: I don't have birth certificate now bc I am in Canada. but our passport and educational documents show the same father name,.,., is it oky if I produce those documents instead of birth certificate.

Thanks

Amar

abdullahishaq

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hello,

I am really confused what document should I produce for the following questions:

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

I attached my sisters Canadian passport copy

2. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)

I attached her phone bill showing her address in Canada

3. Proof of sibling relationship (required)

I attached attested copy of family certificate as well as the birth certificate of me any my sister showing parents name on all the documents
(its really up to them what they can ask for a proof of relationship i am not sure)

4. Family Member Proof of Status (required)

I attached the copy of my sisters Canadian passport again here

When I read the detail inside those question it ask the same information.

Note: I don't have birth certificate now bc I am in Canada. but our passport and educational documents show the same father name,.,., is it oky if I produce those documents instead of birth certificate.

Thanks

Amar

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you claimed points for having a sibling who is a Canadian PR/Citizen, you have to prove it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

"Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having

• a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down."

Note: I don't have birth certificate now bc I am in Canada.

but our passport and educational documents show the same father name,.,., is it oky if I produce those documents instead of birth certificate.

Your father's name alone will not be enough, need to include mother and father for both you and your sibling.... see above...

[/QUOTE]