+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documents required to sponsor a child under family class

rfireman

Nov 16, 2008
please advice,

i want to sponsor my one year old child. I am a PR holder living in Canada.
1. can i submit application without medical examination certificate.
2. do i need to fill immigration part of application -pat-b and part c as per CIC web site.
3. birth certificate states father name. is it good enough for relationship purpose.
4. My child is staying temporarily on visit in other country. can we get exam from that country.
thanks

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
You can submit your application but be sure to submit the medical before they open your file say 6 mos after you submitted the forms..yes BC is good enough already.. my case was that I did not submit medical for my child and the local office in my country wrote a letter to her asking her to do medical. Immigration requires medical for dependent child accompanying or not so maybe this helps a little bit and you can call agents at CIC if you really want to be sure about the forms.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
do you have an entity that handles BC because mine was taken from the national statistics office and you will be advised anyway by post if some of the documents need to be authenticated.Yes, you must submit all forms and you can see it in the documents related to sponsorship..

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
1) You should not submit the application without a medical - this should only be done for a "within Canada" application, which yours is not. They try to process dependent child applications quickly and, if you submit without the medical, it's only going to delay processing.

2) Could you provide a link or name/number of the specific form you are referring to, please?

3) Yes, if you are the father.

4) Yes, you can get the medical done in that country. Use this Designated Medical Practioner website to find a DMP in the area where he is visiting.

5) Some of the forms in the Spouse/Partner/Dependent child application kit will not be applicable to a child sponsorship, such as the Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire.

6) Whether or not you need a notarized copy of the birth certificate will depend on the specific instructions included in the Document Checklist (Appendix A) of the Region Specific forms for the area of which your son is a national. Since you haven't mentioned where that is, I can't tell you specifically. Also, depending on how long a visit your child has been authorized in the country he is in now, he may be able to apply through that country's visa office, so you might want to provide that info, also, and we can help.