+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required at the time of profile for express entry

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi,

I am applying with my husband. We have our IELTS and ECA done. What documents are required at the time of making a profile for:

1. Primary applicant

2. Secondary applicant

TIA

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

I am applying with my husband. We have our IELTS and ECA done. What documents are required at the time of making a profile for:

1. Primary applicant

2. Secondary applicant

TIA
IELTS, ECA, passports.

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Great thanks!

Hi my husband is going to be the secondary applicant and I will be the primary applicant. For POF, do we:
1) Need to show a joint account for proof of funds?
2) Show funds for a family of 2?
3) As a secondary applicant, does my husband need to show any POF i.e. paystubs or bank statements?
4) POF is required when the invitation is received? At the time of making a joint profile, what funds related information is required?
5) We both will have to borrow money from our parents for the purpose of showing funds. If the account is in our joint name, what documents do we need to justify a trail of funds? Please explain how a gift deed works?

Secondary applicant's age does not have an impact on CRS? He will be turning 30 by the time we apply so that might reduce our points.

Anything else we need to take into account please let me know.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi my husband is going to be the secondary applicant and I will be the primary applicant. For POF, do we:
First, do you anticipate an invitation to apply under the FSW, FST, or CEC program? (No proof of funds requirement under CEC).

1) Need to show a joint account for proof of funds?
Accounts can be joint or individual for both spouses.

2) Show funds for a family of 2?
Unless you have more family members...? If you don't have any kids, 2 is the correct number.

3) As a secondary applicant, does my husband need to show any POF i.e. paystubs or bank statements?
No need for proof of income. Funds of spouses are combined.

4) POF is required when the invitation is received? At the time of making a joint profile, what funds related information is required?
You have to have sufficient funds to submit the profile in order to be deemed eligible under the FSW/FST programs. If you receive an ITA and submit an application, you have to submit a letter describing your balance over the past months; you also have to have sufficient funds when you land.

5) We both will have to borrow money from our parents for the purpose of showing funds. If the account is in our joint name, what documents do we need to justify a trail of funds? Please explain how a gift deed works?
Well now, if it is "borrowing" it is not a gift. You are not allowed to "borrow" funds (borrowing implies you have to pay it back; gift does not). A "gift deed" or letter (or sworn affidavit) is a document from your parents stating that they are giving you the money as a gift, and that no repayment is expected. IRCC sometimes expects to see documentation of the transfer of funds, including a the statement from your parent's account when it was withdrawn/transferred, and the corresponding deposit in to your account.

Note that if you are from the USA, there could be tax consequences...
https://www.irs.com/articles/7-things-you-should-know-about-gift-tax