+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documents of relatives,citizen of Canada

raqib_00

Feb 19, 2009
i have blood relative of my spouse who is citizen in Canada. Someone please tell me what documents are mandatory to be sent to have the points of relative? What are the required documents my relative should send me for submitting ?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i guess something to prove their citizenship or PR of Canada.
The birth certificates, marriage certificates etc to show the link between you (or your spouse) and them.
So for something like brother, it would be my BC, my brother's BC because that would show we have the same parents.

Hope that helps.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
i guess something to prove their citizenship or PR of Canada.
The birth certificates, marriage certificates etc to show the link between you (or your spouse) and them.
So for something like brother, it would be my BC, my brother's BC because that would show we have the same parents.

Hope that helps.
Proof that they are actually living in Canada, bills, mortgages, T4

PMM

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Read below and use this link, I do not know where you are applying from but there is a checklist for every specific country, find yours here and http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/inFORMation/applications/skilled-mission.asp

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA (IF APPLICABLE)
• Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada, such as birth, marriage or
adoption certificates.
• If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada: photocopy of his or
her Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence or
Permanent Resident Card.
• If your close relative is a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship, such
as a photocopy of pages of a Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
I really wish CIC could be consistent in what they want, after reading PMM's comment it reminded me of what i recall reading on this very subject, but it took me some time to locate the following text from the 2004 version of the CHC London checklist

Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada (please include a family tree), such as birth, marriage or adoption certificates, proof of that person's status in Canada (as permanent resident or citizen) and their current address in Canada by submitting pay slips, tax documents, credit card receipts.

I know that they don't ask for all this in the current checklist, but it may help prevent being asked for more details later on if you prepare more information

raqib_00

Feb 19, 2009
Thanks for your replies. I have one more confusion; are all of these(pay slips,tax document,credit card receipt,bank statement) required or any one will do(eg. only bank statement) as a prove of their living status for past six mnths in Canada?

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
these are not must have documents

they suggest the types of documents you need to show your relative's PR or citizen status, that they are currently living in Canada, and where they are living

some people don't pay tax, some people don't have jobs, some people don't have credit cards

also, I asked my aunt in Canada for copies of her T4 and she went ballistic!!!