+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents not disclosed in previous applications before PR

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017
Hello All,

I recently got to know that when my study permit was being applied back in 2015, my agent from India did not disclose my highest degree of education (Masters). I will be applying for Express Entry pool for CEC this year and it concerns me that when background check happens and CIC sees my WES documents, will they reject my PR application or is there a way out of this? I do not wish to spend money on lawyers but need a solution.

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
I think the best bet is just to explain the discrepancy in your LOE when applying.

Although its a tricky one,Did you complete another masters here? CIC might think that you deliberately withheld that information in order to boost your chances of getting your visa approved if you were coming for a masters program. Is there a way you can prove that your agent mistakenly forgot to include it? Did you use the Use of representative form to show that your application was strictly handled by an agent?

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017
I think the best bet is just to explain the discrepancy in your LOE when applying.

Although its a tricky one,Did you complete another masters here? CIC might think that you deliberately withheld that information in order to boost your chances of getting your visa approved if you were coming for a masters program. Is there a way you can prove that your agent mistakenly forgot to include it? Did you use the Use of representative form to show that your application was strictly handled by an agent?

Thank you very much for responding. No, I finished a 2 year diploma program and I was told if I show my masters, I won't be getting the admission.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for responding. No, I finished a 2 year diploma program and I was told if I show my masters, I won't be getting the admission.
You withheld information that would have influenced the decision of the VO, which is misrepresentation. It doesn't matter if you try to claim that your rep did it.

IRCC takes misrepresentation very seiously, so you will just have to hope you get a lenient VO.

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017
You withheld information that would have influenced the decision of the VO, which is misrepresentation. It doesn't matter if you try to claim that your rep did it.

IRCC takes misrepresentation very seiously, so you will just have to hope you get a lenient VO.

What is a VO?

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017

The access that I got from my CIC to my study permit application does not show "Use of Representative" form. There 2 two forms "Application for Study permit outside of Canada" and "Family Information" form.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The access that I got from my CIC to my study permit application does not show "Use of Representative" form. There 2 two forms "Application for Study permit outside of Canada" and "Family Information" form.
It wouldn't matter anyways. IRCC does not accept the "my rep/consultant/lawyer made the mistake" excuse.

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017

I recollect missing two of my Masters' degree transcripts when my study permit was being applied. Even though the issue date on transcript is from before I graduated, I did not receive them on time. My friend had to collect it on my behalf from the university and it was when I already landed in Canada. Now the problem is I have no way to prove that university gave me the transcripts late.
I completed a 2 year post-secondary diploma here in Canada.

krupalis25

Sep 22, 2017

Its not that I withheld information on purpose. I do recollect missing transcripts (masters degree) when my study permit was being applied. My friend had to get them from the university on my behalf since I was already in Canada at that time. But I have no way to prove that since the issue date mentioned on the transcript id from before I graduated however, I didn't receive my transcript on time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Its not that I withheld information on purpose. I do recollect missing transcripts (masters degree) when my study permit was being applied. My friend had to get them from the university on my behalf since I was already in Canada at that time. But I have no way to prove that since the issue date mentioned on the transcript id from before I graduated however, I didn't receive my transcript on time.
It doesn't matter if you hadn't received your transcripts. You knew you had the degree but didn't mention it. Misrepresentation.

enrique-gz

Jan 25, 2023
It doesn't matter if you hadn't received your transcripts. You knew you had the degree but didn't mention it. Misrepresentation.
Im on a similar boat,

So the story goes like this.

Since I graduated from my university in Mexico in June 2020, I have worked for both of my family business. One of them is in a greenhouse operation and the other one is a textile business. I worked in both business from June 2020 to August 2021. In august 2021 to came to Canada as a student for a business diploma. Then in September 2022 I changed my status from a study permit to a work permit.

For the farm I used to work around 48 hours weekly and there is evidence from that company that i worked there for a year. On the other side I worked part time in the textile business but still worked at least 30 hours weekly. However, there is no evidence from that company that I worked there.

In both my study and work permit I did not include my farm experience as it was happening at the same time as my other part time job. And because I was doing a business diploma it seemed to me more relevant the textile experience as a production assistant.

For my Express Entry application I did include my farm experience as it was categorized as skilled work experience, plus I have evidence to back up that. I did not include the textile experience because I would have not earned any point for that experience.

So my question is.

Since I did not include my farm experience in my previous applications, will I have trouble when applying for my PR?

Will a letter of explanation suffice to convince the visa officer of this?

What should I do?

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Im on a similar boat,

So the story goes like this.

Since I graduated from my university in Mexico in June 2020, I have worked for both of my family business. One of them is in a greenhouse operation and the other one is a textile business. I worked in both business from June 2020 to August 2021. In august 2021 to came to Canada as a student for a business diploma. Then in September 2022 I changed my status from a study permit to a work permit.

For the farm I used to work around 48 hours weekly and there is evidence from that company that i worked there for a year. On the other side I worked part time in the textile business but still worked at least 30 hours weekly. However, there is no evidence from that company that I worked there.

In both my study and work permit I did not include my farm experience as it was happening at the same time as my other part time job. And because I was doing a business diploma it seemed to me more relevant the textile experience as a production assistant.

For my Express Entry application I did include my farm experience as it was categorized as skilled work experience, plus I have evidence to back up that. I did not include the textile experience because I would have not earned any point for that experience.

So my question is.

Since I did not include my farm experience in my previous applications, will I have trouble when applying for my PR?

Will a letter of explanation suffice to convince the visa officer of this?

What should I do?
Normally, if you are not claiming points for some work experience you should include it in the personal activities section. However, this may be questioning the visa officer whether your farm experience is legit as it is too many working hours per week altogether. It's good that you were able to afford those hours, but most people wouldn't do it.

Last edited: