+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Needed for OINP Application – Employment and Settlement Funds

Bezidge

Sep 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for some guidance regarding document requirements for the OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) application. I am applying through the Human Capital Priorities stream and have recently received my NOI (Notification of Interest) in my Express Entry profile at August 15, 2023.

For the employment aspect: I've worked for a small tech company, and due to high local inflation, I requested to be paid the equivalent of my salary in US dollars every 3 months. I'm unable to provide bank statements for these transactions since they were paid in cash. However, I can obtain an employment reference letter and also have pay slips (in local currency) from my employer. Would these be considered sufficient to validate that my employment was legitimate?

For the settlement funds: I've recently sold some USD and deposited the proceeds into my savings account. The current balance in this account meets the minimum requirements for the settlement funds. Could anyone advise on which documents I should provide to verify the source of the transaction.

Any assistance or advice on this matter would be deeply appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Bezidge

Sep 22, 2018
I have another question regarding the general likelihood of obtaining a provincial nomination after NOI:

Now that I've received my NOI, I'm curious about the general chances and an estimation of the processing time of obtaining a PNP from Ontario. Does anyone have any insights or experiences to share regarding the probability or the next steps post-NOI?

I should also mention that I have a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, IELTS 8.0, and around 6 years of experience in a related field and have gotten a CRS score of 473 in the Express Entry pool.