+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents I Submitted to Get My Study Permit

Ahayat1

Aug 22, 2011
Oh yeahhh thatt .. i gave them proof . contracts of my mothers employment . father and everything like that...

Ahayat1

Aug 22, 2011
and everything completely explaining my parents employment history . their tax returns and everything

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011 (results forwarded to New Delhi on 05-08-2011)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Hoping to land on 09-09-2011
Well, then you might get away with it since you're young and just applying for undergrad. You don't have to prove you're not an immigration risk as much as the rest of us do.

suparr

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
A little correction regarding the "IMM 5257 - Schedule 1" form. I think it is not compulsory to submit this form along with the application. You only have to submit this form if you answer YES to the below 3,4,5,6,7 points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269E4.asp

"3 Check the box to indicate if you have ever:
committed,
been arrested for, or
been charged with any criminal offence in any country.
If you checked ‘‘Yes’’, you may be required to complete Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1).
Check the box to indicate if you have ever served in any military, militia, civil defence unit or the police.
If you checked ‘‘Yes’’ to question 4 (a) provide your dates of service and the countries where you served. If you checked ‘‘Yes’’ you may be required to complete Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257 ─ Schedule 1).
5 Check the box to indicate if you have ever been employed by a government in a security-related capacity.

If you checked ‘‘Yes’’ you may be required to complete Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1).
6 Check the box to indicate if you have ever held a position of authority in any government or judiciary or political party (for example, civil servant, police officer, hospital administrator, elections official, managing director, judge, counsellor, member of parliament, mayor, etc.).

If you checked ‘‘Yes’’ you may be required to complete Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1).
7 Check the box to indicate if you have ever been involved in the commission of a war crime or crime against humanity, such as:
willful killing,
torture,
attacks upon civilians or prisoners of war,
enslavement of civilians or prisoners of war,
starvation of civilians or prisoners of war,
other inhumane acts committed against civilians or prisoner of war, or
deportation of civilians.
If you checked ‘‘Yes’’, you may be required to complete Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)"

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Suparr, thanks for this. On the other hand, if you look here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/study-etudie/study_permit-permis_etudes.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

It says that Pakistanis should also fill out this Supplementary Information Form:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/assets/pdfs/visas/Supplementary_Information_Form-EN.pdf

It asks for travel and employment history. Now I actually didn't fill out or submit this, but I submitted Schedule 1, which I think served the same purpose.

mtalhamalik

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@evolvingfaith: I feel that you submitted too many additional documents than required like SOP, Resume, Recommendation letters, potential employers etc. Can't one get the visa by submitting only the required documents mentioned on the official websites??

Can you please explain

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In Pakistan, I think you really do have to submit quite a lot of documentation to establish home ties and intention to return. Bear in mind that we don't get called for interviews, so our application is really the only way to communicate with the VO. The process is probably a bit more lax in other parts of the world. I've seen lots of Study Permits in Pakistan get rejected because home ties/intention to return were not established in the application.

Also, age matters. The older you are, the more of an immigration risk you are, and the more you need to establish your intention to return to Pakistan. Younger applicants probably don't have to go to this much trouble. I'm 28 years old and an obvious immigration risk, so my goal was to establish that:

1. I intend to return to Pakistan; and
2. In the event that I do decide to stay in Canada, I'll be a highly skilled asset and not a burden on the Canadian economy. (I think my application also showed that I would be a good fit for a liberal-democratic culture to be honest -- so I wouldn't be a burden on the Canadian social fabric either.)

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
evo i have send you a mail at your gmail id kindly review it .