+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for WES

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi,

I have Masters from USA
10th, 12th , and Bachelors of Technology from India
Will I need to get official attested 10th and 12th documents too?
What all documents need to be officially attested?
Please let me know.
Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

I have Masters from USA
10th, 12th , and Bachelors of Technology from India
Will I need to get official attested 10th and 12th documents too?
What all documents need to be officially attested?
Please let me know.
Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
First of all, you need transcripts. Not attested documents. Transcripts are issued by University of your Education.

Check document requirement here,
https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

if this tool says only Masters degree for Education in USA is required then other documents are not required.

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
The tool says to get the transcripts sealed and signed/stamped for my masters, bachelors, 12th and 10th.
My main concern is do I really need to get those for 10th and 12th too? Will copies of 10th and 12th not be enough?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
The tool says to get the transcripts sealed and signed/stamped for my masters, bachelors, 12th and 10th.
My main concern is do I really need to get those for 10th and 12th too? Will copies of 10th and 12th not be enough?
Incorrect. I just checked myself for USA education and the tool says following:

1. Academic Transcript
This is an Academic Records Request Form. This form will help you request your documents.

Important Information:

• If you have completed less than one year full-time post-secondary academic study, WES highly recommends that you also send secondary school documents.
It nowhere talks about 10th or 12th.

Oct 2, 2018
Hi!

I have done my BCA fro PTU and MSC(comp. Science) from Maharshi Dayanand University(Rohtak). Since WES does not accept trascripts from PTU any more. Can some one suggest which ECA should I get my both degrees evaluate from?

Thank you!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi!

I have done my BCA fro PTU and MSC(comp. Science) from Maharshi Dayanand University(Rohtak). Since WES does not accept trascripts from PTU any more. Can some one suggest which ECA should I get my both degrees evaluate from?

Thank you!
IQAS will be a better option since they always ask for the higher education.

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
This is what I see when I filled the application form and see below the list of required document on Wes account:
I need clarification for my 10th and 12th particularly.
For my 10th:
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education - Niraj Public School
1. Final Examination Certificate

This is an official document issued by the appropriate examination board that lists all subjects taken and marks earned on the final examination.
Option 1
Ask the body which conducted the examination to attest and send your document directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer.
Option 2
If the body which conducted the examination gives you the document to send to WES, it must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the examining body. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document.
Download and complete the top section of the Academic Records Request Form. This form will help you request your documents.

I see similar kind for 12th, bachelors(1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) & 2. Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks))
and masters(transcripts) -- > all being asked with same options 1 and 2 as above

------------------------------------

Incorrect. I just checked myself for USA education and the tool says following:

1. Academic Transcript
This is an Academic Records Request Form. This form will help you request your documents.

Important Information:

• If you have completed less than one year full-time post-secondary academic study, WES highly recommends that you also send secondary school documents.
It nowhere talks about 10th or 12th.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
This is what I see when I filled the application form and see below the list of required document on Wes account:
I need clarification for my 10th and 12th particularly.
For my 10th:
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education - Niraj Public School
1. Final Examination Certificate

This is an official document issued by the appropriate examination board that lists all subjects taken and marks earned on the final examination.
Option 1
Ask the body which conducted the examination to attest and send your document directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer.
Option 2
If the body which conducted the examination gives you the document to send to WES, it must be attested, dated, and placed in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the examining body. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document.
Download and complete the top section of the Academic Records Request Form. This form will help you request your documents.

I see similar kind for 12th, bachelors(1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) & 2. Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks))
and masters(transcripts) -- > all being asked with same options 1 and 2 as above

------------------------------------
Dude, you just need to select your country of education and highest education.

if you already have Masters from USA, you do not need to evaluate your Bachelors or 10th or 12th.
You just need to evaluate your Masters.

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Dude, you just need to select your country of education and highest education.

if you already have Masters from USA, you do not need to evaluate your Bachelors or 10th or 12th.
You just need to evaluate your Masters.

Oh man..!! I thought I needed to enter the whole academic history and when I entered everything, they gave me the list of required documents.
I have 10th, 12th, Bachelors from India and Masters alone from USA. I thought I needed to enter every information for evaluation.
Thank you for clarifying.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Oh man..!! I thought I needed to enter the whole academic history and when I entered everything, they gave me the list of required documents.
I have 10th, 12th, Bachelors from India and Masters alone from USA. I thought I needed to enter every information for evaluation.
Thank you for clarifying.
Welcome.

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
hi varma,
even i have done my masters from usa .I submitted my application for wes evaluation canada only for masters i forgot to include my bachelors degree.Do i need to submit separate application for evaluation bachelors or only masters evaluation is enough?.Can u please help me with this.Thank u

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
hi varma,
even i have done my masters from usa .I submitted my application for wes evaluation canada only for masters i forgot to include my bachelors degree.Do i need to submit separate application for evaluation bachelors or only masters evaluation is enough?.Can u please help me with this.Thank u
guys any one ???????

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Not needed.

The WES link only tells you what documents they need when you enter a certain education. It does not tell you whether that education needs to be evaluated in the first place or not.
If you have a Masters degree that is certain to be evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters degree (such as US Masters from a decent university), then you don't need to have other lower degress (Bachelors) evaluated, because those don't give any additional CRS points.

Last edited:

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Not needed.

The WES link only tells you what documents they need when you enter a certain education. It does not tell you whether that education needs to be evaluated in the first place or not.
If you have a Masters degree that is certain to be evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters degree (such as US Masters from a decent university), then you don't need to have other lower degress (Bachelors) evaluated, because those don't give any additional CRS points.
thank u for your info.