+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for the sponsor for Quebec

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi Guys just an information, i know I am asking a lot of times...but my partner and me we are almost at the end of our process and wow, right now it is the moment to fill it up the part of the sponsor.
I am sponsoring him from Montreal, Quebec that means, following the IMM3900 the sponsor guide
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900E5.asp

it is written that :
' f you live in Quebec or are living exclusively outside Canada and intend to live in Quebec upon your return, you need only complete:

* the Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A);

CPC-Mwill send a copy of your IMM 1344A to the MICC in Quebec, who will send you additional documents to complete, including a Formulaire d’engagement (a separate undertaking form). The MICC will provide you with all necessary instructions (for more information, see Sponsors living in Quebec).

* the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540), if you are sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner);
* the Receipt (IMM 5401 - see section on Fees);
* the Document Checklist (IMM 5491); and
* the Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476), if you choose to have a representative'

1) so that means no IMM5481 THAT MEANS NO OPTION C FROM THE REVENU CANADA RIGHT???

2) NO IMM1344B...

£) if I understood well i should receive a IMM paper to fill in from Quebec as substitutive of IMM1344F....

3) I know that u can download it from immigration Quebec website, but I think i need to receive first a letter from immigration canada that gives me the eligibility to sponsor right?

we also have signed the IMM5409 statuary declaration of common law union, with a lawyer as a commissioner of oath...i know it is not required in the demand for quebec but if we added it can it harm our application?

thanks a lot!! and IT S ALMOST OVER!!!

amsyul

Oct 14, 2009
Indeed, you don't need an option C printout and the other forms you mentioned for Quebec. I crossed them out on the checklist with a note (Quebec).

You don't need the statutory declaration of common-law union -- but you could submit it as additional relationship evidence next to the pictures etc. which is what we did; it certainly won't harm.

Yes, you can download the forms from the Quebec immigration web site and fill them in -- it's not much work compared to the federal part. As soon as you receive the sponsorship approval letter you can make a copy of that letter and send that with the forms and evidence (+$250) to MICC in Montreal.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
amsyul said:
Indeed, you don't need an option C printout and the other forms you mentioned for Quebec. I crossed them out on the checklist with a note (Quebec).

You don't need the statutory declaration of common-law union -- but you could submit it as additional relationship evidence next to the pictures etc. which is what we did; it certainly won't harm.

Yes, you can download the forms from the Quebec immigration web site and fill them in -- it's not much work compared to the federal part. As soon as you receive the sponsorship approval letter you can make a copy of that letter and send that with the forms and evidence (+$250) to MICC in Montreal.
Hi amsyul,

Could you plz advice me on the following -- At the time whn my spouse applied for my PR, he was in Toronto and now he is planning to move to Montreal. We have applied for my PR just 2 weeks ago and we havn't received Sponsorship letter frm CIC.

If we plan to obtain CSQ from Quebec, thr is a requirement to attach a copy of Sponsorship letter.

Just wondering is this "Sponsorship Letter" the same document tht I or my husband will probably receive after a month or so when CIC-M will make a decision on the sponsorship evaluation? Or my husband has to apply again for the Sponsorship Letter from CIC?

Thanks!

dashingboy9000

Jul 20, 2011
rrv said:
Hi amsyul,

Could you plz advice me on the following -- At the time whn my spouse applied for my PR, he was in Toronto and now he is planning to move to Montreal. We have applied for my PR just 2 weeks ago and we havn't received Sponsorship letter frm CIC.

If we plan to obtain CSQ from Quebec, thr is a requirement to attach a copy of Sponsorship letter.

Just wondering is this "Sponsorship Letter" the same document tht I or my husband will probably receive after a month or so when CIC-M will make a decision on the sponsorship evaluation? Or my husband has to apply again for the Sponsorship Letter from CIC?

Thanks!
Yes. To be able to apply for CSQ, you need to wait for the letter letter from CIC-Mississauga (this the letter confirming of the file +approval of the sponsor). You will be sending a copy of the letter and other forms are per requirement by MICC-Quebec.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

I need some urgent help!
At time whn we applied for my PR my husband was in ontario, but now he has got a job offer in Montreal.
His sponsorship has been approved and my file has already been transferred to Sydney VO.

In this case how will Quebec thing work? will my file be send back to canada? and how much delay will it cause?

One more thing: They ask to fill forms in French. What if someone does not know french?

Any help on above is much appreciated !
Thanks!