+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for spouse open working permit

levin.ouupe

Jul 11, 2018
Hi,

I'm applying SOWP for my wife outside of Canada, after the eligible question. I found the documents list is only as follow:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Form(s)
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
Supporting Documents
Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required)
Passport
General Education and Employment Form
Digital photo
Request for Medical Exam
Optional Documents
Client Information
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm the husband holding the working visa in Canada, but nowhere to upload any of my information. I'm confused if they don't need my information, how they can approve SOWP for my wife.

Can anyone help me on this issue, thanks a lot!!!

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Hi,

I'm applying SOWP for my wife outside of Canada, after the eligible question. I found the documents list is only as follow:
Application Form(s)
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
Supporting Documents
Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required)
Passport
General Education and Employment Form
Digital photo
Request for Medical Exam
Optional Documents
Client Information
I'm the husband holding the working visa in Canada, but nowhere to upload any of my information. I'm confused if they don't need my information, how they can approve SOWP for my wife.

Can anyone help me on this issue, thanks a lot!!!
Check again the questions you answered. You must have mentioned about being married, then it would have created a tab for marriage certificate (relationship certificate). Any other documents of yours that you consider would be helpful for decision making can be uploaded with letter of explanation under optional documents.